Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 1:02:56 PM EDT
Anyone go today? Im trying to decide if its worth it to go tommorow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
This weekend's show in Roanoke is the exhibit hall only, ie tiny.  At the full price ($7), it's a waste of time and money.  I think there's another show in Salem in May, I'll just wait for that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to go.......but it will probably suck like the last one did.  The Showplace in Richmond is really the one to go to.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather make myself an awesome dinner instead of paying $7 for the ticket + $15 in gas... until the show improves...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got back from it.

The only thing I got was another 1k of Georgia Arms Canned Heat.  I was looking for some good 5.56 mil-surp or Blackhills 75gr ammo but there wasn't any BH to be found.  A guy was selling the Guatamalian M193 360rd battle packs for $88 and had 900 rounds of Radway Green '86 year head stamps for $173

No good deals on AR's all I saw were either $960 stock Bushy's for $800 Olympics.  I was hoping to find a stripped lower and should have spent $119 on one at the Richmond show from Dark Sun.  Glocks and XD's seamed to be selling like hotcakes while no one was buying 1911's or Sigs.  The new Sigs are sweet  but I couldn't find one under $800.  I am hoping to wait out for some used ones to hit the markets with rails.  The CPO Sigs seemed to have dried up.  I hope some used 226 Navy, Blackwater and Equinox will hit the market soon under $600

Saw a lot of SA M1A's but they were all marked up to $1,600

If you didn't go you didn't miss out.

ETA I did see lots and lots of commie Wolf and Silverbear 7.62X39 which is good to see though I don't own an AK (didn't see any quality AK's at the show either)
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you see how much the 7.62x39 was selling for?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you see how much the 7.62x39 was selling for?

No I didn't
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Are they still doing a brisk trade in guns outside? I usually saw as many for sale outside as I did inside. +1 for Dark Sun. Great guys to do business with. Sorry to hear they only have 1/2 of it open. Thats why I quit going, and the gas prices too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#9]
There was some crazy prices there. People selling ak's they built from reciever flats and a kit for over 500$! Then I saw some recievers that were outragiously priced. I think the dpms lower was something like 180ish$ and another lower that was some not to big brand for like 150$ish, I mean dpms can be found for about half that online. Needless to say it was small so I bout some spare tiny parts like springs and detents that always find a way to get lost then left. Atleast it got me and my roommate out of the house
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably need to go to their shows, they are supporting us in Washington.  You know the BATF and Richmond law enforcement harrasses them, and us. Annette and Steve have gone to Washington several times to get this stopped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top