Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 12:58:15 PM EDT
Any suggestions?  I Have a RRA entry tac and I want to put a four rail handgaurd on it.  It does not have to be free floating as I am only going to put a VFG and light on it.  I would like to have an easy installation but a quality piece.  Oh yead I can't spend an arm and a leg right now.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the rail assemble from Surefire is among the cheapest of the quality units. I bought mine used off the EE for $85.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a YHM on mine and I like it. It is a bit heavy, but sound construction. They are a bit more than the surefire - about $150

here is a link http://www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Really? I haven't found the surefire one for under 175. new.  I seen the YHM 2 piece for about 109.  Also is the tango down fore grip as good as they say it is?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Surefire and I like it, but it cost me $150 new, if I'm not mistaken. I can check and make sure if you're interested in one. I may be mistaken on the price though. I've spent so much lately that it's all running together...

I got it from West Georgia Tactical. Their prices have been the best I've found anywhere on everything I've bought lately for the AR.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I will check with them.  I've bought other stuff from them as well and my wife bought my first colt from them.  Good guys.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any suggestions?  I Have a RRA entry tac and I want to put a four rail handgaurd on it.  It does not have to be free floating as I am only going to put a VFG and light on it.  I would like to have an easy installation but a quality piece.  Oh yead I can't spend an arm and a leg right now.

Thanks in advance

DSA has the Surefire M73 Carbine length for $150....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I will check with them.  I've bought other stuff from them as well and my wife bought my first colt from them.  Good guys.

You from the Carrollton area then?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, you?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep. Live between Carrollton and Temple.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Iam between carrollton and douglas co.  Where is a good place to shoot?  Any where local?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Advanced Bullets on Hwy 113 is ok as an outdoor range when it's not crowded. I usually go to Hot Shots in Marietta for indoor pistol shooting. That's really about it for public ranges in the area. Wish we had better outdoor long range options. I'd love to be able to shoot a measured 200 yards with my sniper set-up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I've heard rumors of a "little river gun club" in the area have you heard anything about it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
00bullitt and I are members of little river.  It is near the airport between Carrollton and Bremen.  It has 100yd rifle, Pistol range, trap, skeet, and 5 stand.  Dues are a little over $100 a year.  Let me know if you need more info, and I'd be glad to help.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've heard rumors of a "little river gun club" in the area have you heard anything about it?

Yes, I have, but forgot about it because I've never been there excrpt on a call once. They have class III shoots and we got a call reference automatic gunfire in the area. Never shot there and don't remember if they had a longer range or not. Might be worth checking on.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
00bullitt and I are members of little river.  It is near the airport between Carrollton and Bremen.  It has 100yd rifle, Pistol range, trap, skeet, and 5 stand.  Dues are a little over $100 a year.  Let me know if you need more info, and I'd be glad to help.

Didn't read your reply before I replied to his... I'd like more info. I don't think the range is manned all the time by anyone, is it? Do you just go when you want or what? And is the yearly dues all you have to pay to use it, or are there per visit fees as well?

I know where it is, just never shot there. The guys who were there offered to let me play with their class III toys when I answered the call there, but we were busy and I couldn't stay. Bummer...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#16]
There are yearly dues for being a member, and then there is a $25 dollar fee for using the rifle and pistol ranges that is unlimited usage.  The range is no longer class III friendly.  Hasn't been since I've been a member which is more than 2yrs.  Not sure on the specifics for why it is no longer.  The club started as a shotgun club, and the mentality of the majority of the members is still there.  The more guys that could come in as pistol/black rifle people would sure help the club allow the class III guys and whatnot back.  The range is unattended.  There is a gate at the front that members have keys to.  Anything else, just ask.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There are yearly dues for being a member, and then there is a $25 dollar fee for using the rifle and pistol ranges that is unlimited usage.  The range is no longer class III friendly.  Hasn't been since I've been a member which is more than 2yrs.  Not sure on the specifics for why it is no longer.  The club started as a shotgun club, and the mentality of the majority of the members is still there.  The more guys that could come in as pistol/black rifle people would sure help the club allow the class III guys and whatnot back.  The range is unattended.  There is a gate at the front that members have keys to.  Anything else, just ask.

Who to contact about becoming a member? And it was probably 4 years ago or so when I went on the auto fire call. Maybe even longer. I've been with the dept for just over 5 years and it was really early in my career.

And to clarify, there is an annual fee for membership... got that part... but what about the $25 usage fee? Is this for each time a member uses the range? Or is it also an annual fee?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#18]
The usage fee of $25 gives you (the member) unlimited use of those two ranges for the year.  If someone doesn't want to pay the $25 unlimited, then they can pay $3 per use of the two ranges.  Definetely better to pay $25.  Any visitor that you bring with you has to pay $3 for use of the range in addition.  Not a bad charge for the facility.  The shotgun ranges generate revenue for themselves by charging "I think" $3.00 per round.  

To become a member, myself or 00bullitt will have to sponsor you and you pay your dues for the year.  You then get voted in and become a probationary member for six months.  After six months, they will bring you up for vote as a regular member (you can vote and sponsor then).  Nothing to it, just don't piss anyone off for six months.  Rarely will you find anyone there when you go to shoot.  Wednesday evenings are the "cookout" night.  Members come to shoot skeet and they cook for like $6 a head to generate more money for the club.  4th Saturday morning of each month has the IDPA local shoot on the pistol range.  Other than those that I know of, show up daylight till 9:00pm and the ranges are your's.

If you'd like to get to work on becoming a member, let me know and I'll get the sponsorship stuff together and get you in.  Just send me an IM with contact info and I'll help to get you started.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The usage fee of $25 gives you (the member) unlimited use of those two ranges for the year.  If someone doesn't want to pay the $25 unlimited, then they can pay $3 per use of the two ranges.  Definetely better to pay $25.  Any visitor that you bring with you has to pay $3 for use of the range in addition.  Not a bad charge for the facility.  The shotgun ranges generate revenue for themselves by charging "I think" $3.00 per round.  

To become a member, myself or 00bullitt will have to sponsor you and you pay your dues for the year.  You then get voted in and become a probationary member for six months.  After six months, they will bring you up for vote as a regular member (you can vote and sponsor then).  Nothing to it, just don't piss anyone off for six months.  Rarely will you find anyone there when you go to shoot.  Wednesday evenings are the "cookout" night.  Members come to shoot skeet and they cook for like $6 a head to generate more money for the club.  4th Saturday morning of each month has the IDPA local shoot on the pistol range.  Other than those that I know of, show up daylight till 9:00pm and the ranges are your's.

If you'd like to get to work on becoming a member, let me know and I'll get the sponsorship stuff together and get you in.  Just send me an IM with contact info and I'll help to get you started.

Thanks. I'll probably be in touch soon then. Sounds like a pretty good thing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Go here and check out the MI #17.  I've heard good things about it.  I've also heard good things about the Surefire.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I would definitely be interested in becoming a member.

EntryTac you with the S.O.?  

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would definitely be interested in becoming a member.

EntryTac you with the S.O.?  

Yessir, serving since Feb 2001.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm with the P.D.  since Jan 02'  Just got into AR's and found the sight
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
We probably know of each other then. I know most of the city guys.  We'll have to get together and shoot sometime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top