Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:49:37 PM EDT
pretty sure this is not dupe as its not on the front page of this board but here.  http://www.kirotv.com/news/20973137/detail.html

19-Year-Old Man Dies After Shooting At Transit Center

Posted: 3:38 pm PDT September 17, 2009Updated: 6:57 pm PDT September 17, 2009
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. –– A 19-year-old man died after he was shot at the Federal Way Transit Center, said the Federal Way Police Department.

The victim was transported to Harborview Medical Center where he died about two hours after the shooting.

SLIDESHOW: Images From Transit Center Shooting Scene

Police said the victim and shooter got into an altercation near a bus shelter before the shooting occurred around 3:25 p.m. Thursday.

As of 6:30 p.m., Federal Way police said a man they initially arrested as a person of interest is now a suspect and possibly the shooter. He is a male in his 20s and will be booked into jail for investigation of homicide.

WATCH IT: Witness Describes Suspect's Arrest

Several other people have been detained and are being interviewed. One gun has also been recovered, police said.

KIRO 7 reporter Deborah Horne said one person was taken into custody shortly after the shooting and the second person was arrested around 5 p.m.

Chopper 7 over the scene shortly after the shooting showed police and a K-9 unit looking for the shooter near the transit center at 23rd Avenue South and South 317th Street.

Police also blocked off one entrance of the transit center with crime scene tape while they investigated.

Video showed two officers, one with his gun drawn, searching the parking garage. People were not able to access their vehicles while police searched the parking garage, but by 4:30 p.m. the garage was opened again.

Police do not yet know the relationship between the victim and the shooter.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#1]
MC and I were driving past that exact spot as about 106 squad cars, EMT, and helo were surrounding the place.

The Staters that passed us prior to our arrival were VERY serious about getting there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MC and I were driving past that exact spot as about 106 squad cars, EMT, and helo were surrounding the place.

The Staters that passed us prior to our arrival were VERY serious about getting there.

Yeah....just imagine if we would have left work at the time we were supposed to.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard all this going on through the scanner, it was pretty intense. Cops were really freaking out over this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, that certainly explains all of the all of the unmarked and Sheriff cars Moving With Purpose (and lights) down the HOV lanes of I5 this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Where is federal way located? I'm thinking I need to avoid the place.

T

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't worry Kolat, you're safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top