Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
Anybody know of any shoots or matches here in KY?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody know of any shoots or matches here in KY?

Do you mean like NRA Highpower or CMP matches? What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, something like CMP. I live in the eastern part of the state.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club.  About 15 minutes North of Louisville in Borden.  We have regular matches. club link with calendar

http://southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com/

If you need or want more info, IM me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
IM sent. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Miami Rifle and Pistol club around Cincinnati has HP matches.

Meade Co. Sportsman Club holds matches on Ft. Knox.

Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Assn holds matches on Camp Atterbury, about 30 miles South of Indianapolis.

I don't know about West Virginia. But I think their ranges are 100 and 200 yd ranges because of all the damn hills.

Oak Ridge Sportsman Assn has a nice 1000 yd range about 20 miles North of Knoxville.

It all depends on what "eastern part of the state"means.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If what I read a while ago was correct...you don't even have to shoot in a match to order CMP...I believe they allow you to simply be a  part of some organization (like the garand collectors club..$25 member fee) and you can order one.

I know match shooting is enjoyable but if its a burden then this seems to be an easier way.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If what I read a while ago was correct...you don't even have to shoot in a match to order CMP...I believe they allow you to simply be a  part of some organization (like the garand collectors club..$25 member fee) and you can order one.

I know match shooting is enjoyable but if its a burden then this seems to be an easier way.

Kentucky State Rifle and Pistol Assn is CMP-affiliated and is $20/yr, 3 years for $50, or Life for $250.

It's true you don't have to shoot, but you do have to demonstrate "marksmanship or firearms related activity". You still have to belong to a CMP affiliated club. Marksmanship activity is:

- Current or past military service.
- Current or past law enforcement service
- Participation in a rifle, pistol, air gun or shotgun competition (provide copy of results bulletin).
- Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor).
- Distinguished, Instructor, or Coach status.
- Concealed Carry License.
- Firearms Owner Identification Cards that included live fire training.
- FFL or C&R license.
- Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training.
- Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site at http://www.odcmp.com/forms/marksmanship.pdf
- No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60.  proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Kentucky State Rifle and Pistol Assn is CMP-affiliated and is $20/yr, 3 years for $50, or Life for $250.

It's true you don't have to shoot, but you do have to demonstrate "marksmanship or firearms related activity". You still have to belong to a CMP affiliated club. Marksmanship activity is:

- Current or past military service.

<--------we have a winner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top