Posted: 8/11/2005 5:25:09 AM EDT
Can you sell an AR to a Chicago resident in a face to face deal

I seem to remember that was a no no for chigago residents,

please correct me if I'm wrong
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:30:51 AM EDT
Dealers choice.

Legal to purchase.

Illegal to possess in violation.

Lots of Chicago shooters own guns that they do not keep in the city limits.

A dealer may say no way for any reason, especially if you are twitching and sweating bullets. If you don't have a friendly relationship with a dealer explain that you are aware of the restriction and do not intend to violate it by possessing the rifle in Cook Co. It will still be their choice.

Wear a suit!!

A Cook Co dealer ( Shore Galleries for example ) will probably say no because their bread is buttered by the PD sales. I went into a Lake Co dealer last week and they specifically told be they only sell AR and M1A type semi's to law enforcement. This was a high end Perrazzi type Parlor that had 5 or six of those type of rifles. That is a decision the dealer has made of his own free will. I can, in turn, decide not to support that dealer.

JR
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:00:43 AM EDT
A Chicago resident can own AR's & handguns as long as they don't store / possess them in Chicago. Having worked on and off at a gunshop, I've talked to multiple Chicago business owners (jewelry stores, etc.) who after being robbed, have had CPD officers ask them, why they didn't have a hadgun to protect themselves?

Top Top