Can you sell an AR to a Chicago resident in a face to face deal

I seem to remember that was a no no for chigago residents,

please correct me if I'm wrong
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Dealers choice.

Legal to purchase.

Illegal to possess in violation.

Lots of Chicago shooters own guns that they do not keep in the city limits.

A dealer may say no way for any reason, especially if you are twitching and sweating bullets. If you don't have a friendly relationship with a dealer explain that you are aware of the restriction and do not intend to violate it by possessing the rifle in Cook Co. It will still be their choice.

Wear a suit!!

A Cook Co dealer ( Shore Galleries for example ) will probably say no because their bread is buttered by the PD sales. I went into a Lake Co dealer last week and they specifically told be they only sell AR and M1A type semi's to law enforcement. This was a high end Perrazzi type Parlor that had 5 or six of those type of rifles. That is a decision the dealer has made of his own free will. I can, in turn, decide not to support that dealer.

JR
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A Chicago resident can own AR's & handguns as long as they don't store / possess them in Chicago. Having worked on and off at a gunshop, I've talked to multiple Chicago business owners (jewelry stores, etc.) who after being robbed, have had CPD officers ask them, why they didn't have a hadgun to protect themselves?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top