Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2007 5:23:47 PM EDT
wanted to selling a gun to a co-worker for deer huntin' what was the web site that you could look up if MN people were felons.. posted a few months ago. my dog kicked a hole in my last computer and burned the hard driver up and i lost the sites address.

thanks you

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:59:49 AM EDT
Make your coworker get a purchase permit from his local PD if you're concerned about it. It's free, and takes only a week.

The web sites generally seemed to have missing data.

One such website I remember is:

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 5:23:09 AM EDT
+1 on the HG purchase permit......that way the burden of proof isn't on your head.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:35:37 PM EDT
Or transfer it through a dealer, and make the buyer pay the transfer fee. No waiting involved there, and then you're off the hook if the gun shows up used in a crime.

To my understanding, if you do a FTF, and the gun is used in a crime within the next year, you can be investigated or something like that. I could be mistaken -- but, if you're worried, go through a dealer so the 4473 is completed and then legally you're in the clear.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:46:01 AM EDT
That's true, for a long gun non-"assault weapon" no permit to acquire/permit to carry is required, so a dealer transfer would only take as long as a NICS check.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:19:34 PM EDT
We got some bonus money in at work and my co-worker wanted to buy one of my handguns.

Not that I am worried, but, I did want him to get a P2P in case things got ugly. $300 later and he now has my old BHP. And I have a reciept, too... if ever I need it.
Top Top