Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/14/2003 4:04:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/14/2003 4:14:36 AM EDT by lee_h]
This just goes to show how stupid the hippies are up here. http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=thulets13&date=20031113&query=lynch
Editor, The Times:

I'm outraged — wait, that's an understatement — I'm disgusted... no, that doesn't fit. There are no words to describe my disappointment in the treatment of Shoshana Johnson ("One POW acclaimed, another ignored," Times, News, Nov. 9). There's no doubt Jessica Lynch went through a terrible ordeal, but so did Johnson. There is no doubt both women sustained mental and physical injuries.

Here's where it gets fuzzy: Lynch's temporary injuries won't keep her from returning to the Army, yet she'll receive 80 percent disability; while Johnson, who'll be discharged with permanent injuries, will receive 30 percent for her disability. Does this make sense?

Both women fought for freedom, both women were captured, but only Johnson has permanent damage that changes her ability to earn a living. Why isn't Johnson getting full disability?

Lynch spent 10 days in captivity before being rescued from a hospital full of personnel treating her injuries (which were) sustained when her vehicle crashed into another vehicle while fleeing Iraqi forces. Lynch was not suffering from bullet or stab wounds. She never fired her gun.

Three weeks after Lynch's rescue, Johnson and her fellow soldiers emerged, hobbling to the rescue helicopter. Johnson was shot in both ankles and endured weeks of harsh captivity. She was one of those (prisoners) paraded before Iraqi cameras. Rumors of her bravery never surfaced.

Perhaps Johnson's story should be titled, "The knife in my back called 'Racism.' " But, there's no racism in the Army, everyone is equal. Eighty percent is equal to 30 percent, in the Army... 10 days are greater than four weeks and three days, in the Army. Maybe they should change their slogan to "An Army of one, except you-know-who."
Shelbi Scott, Seattle

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:20:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lee_h:
This just goes to show how stupid the hippies are up here.

Well...I kinda have to agree on this one (makes me sick to say it) But I think Johnson's wounds are worth more than 30%, and I think that Lynch's wounds are not worth 80%.

As to the race card.....I will say that I have seen it play'd all the ways it could be in the military. It does appear to me (A white male under the age of 40) that little Miss Lynch is getting it a little bit easy, and Mrs. Johnson is going to have to fight for her's...I would say it is more the Doc's at the Military Hospitals than anyone...Not even 4 months ago I was told that Im not fit for duty because I am allergic to dairy products...bye bye several years of military service and bye bye my chance at my CMB....the Doc..He is the same guy that put me in the military back in high school.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:51:31 PM EDT
the problem is, it's lynch that is permanently disabled and was discharged from the military. johnson is still active.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:48:18 AM EDT

the problem is, it's lynch that is permanently disabled and was discharged from the military. johnson is still active.

Thats now what the quotes say, and why is this in hometown and not GD?

Though I agree with you, these lieberals are some stupid asses.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
Awww fuck, the author of the article is a shitstain, he dosen't know jack shit.
Lee-h, you don't know what you are talking about either.

Lesson starts here:

Both Jessica Lynch and Shoshona Johnson were injured in combat, both were taken as POW's.

Neither of them have been discharged from the military.

Got that.

The fucksticks and the shit-for-brains overlook that little fact. Why let facts get in the way of a good story.

Lynches injuries were far worse than Johnsons.
Yes, amazing as it seems, her getting shot in her ankles/feet dosen't mean they blew off her legs like they woulf have in a hollywood movie.

Notice how Johnson is able to walk around without the use of a cane or a walker?

Notice how Lynce requires a walker or a cane or a crutch?

Both Lynch and Johnson were examined by MILITARY doctors for two reasons:
One was a "FIT FOR DUTY" exam, the other was a "PRE-SEPERATION FROM ACTIVE DUTY" exam.

The MILITARY DOCTORS found that Lynch was 80% disabled because of her injuries while Johnson was 30% disabled because of her injuries.

Neither of these exam results mean jack shit.

Johnson was found "FIT FOR DUTY", that means that she is eligble to reenlist in the military if she wants.

She has not been found "UNFIT FOR DUTY". Whoever says that is full of shit.
Had se been found "UNFIT FOR DUTY" the the US ARMY would have a responsibility to either keep her in the military under a "MEDICAL HOLD" and re-evaluate her until she is either found "FIT FOR DUTY" or given a medical dischage from the Army.

The Army DOES NOT want to discharge anyone from active duty under a medical discharge becuase if they do it's the DOD who assumes responsibility for that person's service related medical medical for the REST OF THEIR LIFE. The VA has nothing to do with it. That's why the DOD would rather hang on to a patitent for as long as legaly possible in order to get them to be found "FIT FOR DUTY" and get them out of the DOD system.

GOT IT?

Johnson was found fit for duty by the military doctors and was also rated at 30% disabled by the military doctors.

On the other hand, Lynch was not found FIT FOR DUTY. She has not been discharged from the military.
She has been rated at an 80% disablilty by the military.
Lynch was placed on the TEMPORARY DISABILITY RETIRED LIST". That dosen't mean that she has been retired from the military. It's a paper game that allows Lynch to be replaced and keeps her from taking up an active duty billet while she is being treated for her injuries.

While Lynch is on the TDRL she is getting paid her regular pay. Placement on the TDRL is for a maximum of 5 years. While Lynch is on the TDRL she must be re-evaluated by medical doctors until she is either found to be "FIT FOR DUTY" or until she is diagnosed that she will never recover from her injuries.

That the fucking cocksucking liberals and the shitstains fail to realize is that her 80% disability rating WILL BE REUDCED if she is found fit for duty. It MAY BE REDUCED if she recovers from her injuries to the point where she can walk without the use of a device.

Now, for the non-military fucksticks out there, Johnson will also have to be evaluated by the VETERANS ADMINISTRATION. The VA will also look at her injuries and they will also place a disabled percentage on her.
9 times out of 10 this percentage will be different than the one that the MILITARY placed on that person. Johnson could be found up to 100% disabled if she was diagnosed with Post Tramatic Stress Syndrome for example.
Once she is in the VA system she will be re-evaluated for her injuries and if her suffering and if the injuries keep her from supporting herself then her rating my be upped.

It's all a fucking numbers game between the DOD and the VA.

So for anyone to compare Lynch and Johnson's percent of disability shows that they are a fucking stupid piece of shit.

Kind of like the fuckheads who whined and bitched about the fact that SOME service members were having to PAY FOR THEIR MEALS out of their MEAL PAY while they were in the hospital. The fucking stupidity of it all.

So, are we straight?

Johnson and Lynch are two completely seperate and different cases.
They fall under two completely different sets of rules.

I'll say (based on my experinces with the DOD and the VA) that Johnson was lucky to get rated at 30% by the DOD for her injuries.
I have seen guys who have had both knees blown out and have been offered 12% for both knees.

I have seen those same guys get up to a 60% disability rating from the VA once they were examined by the VA doctors, and I have seen one of their disablility ratings go to 805 because the VA had to fuse his knee together.

Disibility from either the DOD or the VA is not an "AWARD", no matter how much shitheads like Johnsons father wish it were.

At a 30% disability rating Johnson is eligible for lifetime VA heathcare for ANY injuries she suffered from (that was recorded) during her time on active duty.
In addition she is elegible for up to 48 months of schooling, it could be a 6 month trade course or it could be a 48 month masters degree.
She is going to get a check tax free from the VA for the rest of her life.
In addition she is going to be placed in the "disabled vet" catagory for federal and state jobs.

And the VA will more than likely increase her disability rating from 30% to at least 60%, my best guess.

As far as Lynch is concerned her injuries were more severe that Johnsons.

Once again the liberals, shitstains and the fuckheads don't let little things like FACTS get in the way of a good story.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:45:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 3:06:54 AM EDT by lee_h]
never mind
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:28:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

This just goes to show how stupid the hippies are up here.

Well...I kinda have to agree on this one (makes me sick to say it) But I think Johnson's wounds are worth more than 30%, and I think that Lynch's wounds are not worth 80%.

As to the race card.....I will say that I have seen it play'd all the ways it could be in the military. It does appear to me (A white male under the age of 40) that little Miss Lynch is getting it a little bit easy, and Mrs. Johnson is going to have to fight for her's...I would say it is more the Doc's at the Military Hospitals than anyone...Not even 4 months ago I was told that Im not fit for duty because I am allergic to dairy products...bye bye several years of military service and bye bye my chance at my CMB....the Doc..He is the same guy that put me in the military back in high school.

I don't know who is injured worse and I'm tired of the media whoring the lynch story, but some of the facts in the letter are wrong.

Lynch can't feel her foot and can't walk on her own. They don't know if she will ever regain that feeling or use so whether her injuries are permanent or not nobody knows yet.

I tend to trust my wife the Physical Therapist on these things and she says the injuries she read about, and the fact that she hasn't regained feeling in her foot yet isn't a good sign that she will regain use of it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:51:58 AM EDT
The race card is just more political bullshit is this particular case.

My guess is that Johnson will get a higher rating in the future as time takes its' toll.
Top Top