Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 8:33:03 PM EDT
some here i believe had posted some infor and or sent an invite to a san diego shooters, club, forum, somthing,
when i moved here 7 months ago i just didnt have time,,
now have some and interested in getting more involved locally..
anyone???
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not actually involved with anything but shooting.forsandiego.com/ may help you get started.  Has links to local shooting areas and an SD yahoo group.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks mausar..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
some here i believe had posted some infor and or sent an invite to a san diego shooters, club, forum, somthing,

groups.yahoo.com/group/sdshooting/
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking of joining the "rainbow range" out on the 15 near falbrook. Has anyone been there and what did you think of it?  I hear they only go out nto 100 yards, but I guess you can do a lot on a 1000inch range too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]
dont know anything about the rainbow range? where is it indoor or outdoor>?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
dont know anything about the rainbow range? where is it indoor or outdoor>?

I believe Rainbow's an outdoor range. Don't know the distances or facilities/amenities available.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes Rainbow is an outdoor range.  I've never been, but I think my mom is a member.  Maybe we'll go when we have our AR-15s
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#8]
The North County Shootists Association range @ Pala, though rather run down looking looks like an exceptional place to shoot long range.  I visited the range one sunday in August, sadly nobody was there that day, and I believe I saw targets marked out as far as atleast 750yards out on the hills.  Sadly recreational shooting only appears to be allowed Mondays.

I do not know how up to date that page is.  I was over at Turner's earlier today and saw a flyer for it and I believe the $ info was differant, and I'm not sure that was the web address listed on the brochure.  Just found the above through google.

The location kindof suprises you.  You're driving through a basicly suburban area, go right past a school and make a turn up a dirt road.  It really doesn't seem that far out there from the neighbors, but you're definately not shooting anywhere near them.  Incidentally, I'm not sure I'm willing to take my little car out there again.  I popped a tire on my Miata the first time I travelled up the dirt road.  It's also a bit farther out for me than Orosco is, and my father always comes with me for Orosco so I can use his truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top