Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 4:12:11 PM EDT
We're leaving for the outer banks in the morning,does anyone know if they have closed any roads due to the wildfire in hyde county?

The dot website just said closures were possible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I got this today.

Beginning tomorrow (Friday, June 6) at 10pm and continuing through Monday morning (around 6am), the following highways will be closed to all traffic:

* I-40 Business Eastbound from the Patterson Avenue/Freeman Mill Road area through Lee Street.  Traffic control will begin around Guilford College Road, with lane closures to funnel traffic.   After the Patterson Avenue exit, one lane will be open to Freeman Mill Road, and from Freeman Mill road all traffic will be diverted to 220 and the bypass (the new I-40 loop).

* US29 Northbound from the "Death Valley" 421 split to Lee Street will be closed.  There will be no access to the highway at all.

Given that this weekend is graduation for most high schools at the coliseum, please let anyone coming from out of town know about the road closures.

The weekend of July 11 will also have road closures in the same areas for I-40 Business Westbound and US29 Southbound.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
We're leaving for the outer banks in the morning,does anyone know if they have closed any roads due to the wildfire in hyde county?

The dot website just said closures were possible.

You taking the bridge to Cape Hatteras?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top