Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2009 9:32:40 AM EDT
this was the shitiest show i've been to in a long time, people acting like there stuff is gold/thriving off the obamy hype and further driving up prices, and little or no ammo,  p/s all there was at the show was either over priced junk or wore out crap nobody wanted. p/s same price to get in as the 3000 table wanemacher? only about 110 tables and 35 min wait to get in. SUCKED!  now i know why it's been awhile since i've been to a show.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
ibtl
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My thoughts too, I went and yes it was the worst i ever seen
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i'll be holding out for the wanamacher next time. same price. i cant beleive i waited in the friggin freezing ass cold for that lame ass show. did you go to the metcalf? ifsohow did it compare.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
the metcalf show sucked here too!  TK supply was there. a high end sig dealer and a couple other small dealers but thats about it.  plus 12 bucks to get in.  it was crowded too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the metcalf show sucked here too!  TK supply was there. a high end sig dealer and a couple other small dealers but thats about it.  plus 12 bucks to get in.  it was crowded too.

I almost upchucked when the lady said "twelve dollars, please".   I asked the price on a BCG that was displayed. 180.00 dollars and made it sound like he was doing me a favor.  Hopefully it wasn't anyone here.  If so,  sorry for the "you're smokin' crack" facial expression.

The only thing close to good was H&H selling once fired mixed headstamp .223 brass 28.00 for 250.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
i was told that the last wanamacher was totaly ridicoulas wall to wall elbow to elbow , couldn't even see the tables was the word , didn't even bother going, will be going in  april i think is the next?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I almost upchucked when the lady said "twelve dollars, please".   I asked the price on a BCG that was displayed. 180.00 dollars and made it sound like he was doing me a favor.  Hopefully it wasn't anyone here.  If so,  sorry for the "you're smokin' crack" facial expression.

The only thing close to good was H&H selling once fired mixed headstamp .223 brass 28.00 for 250.[/div]

I know brass prices are high, but fuckmefunny, that's what I paid per k for once fired LC brass a couple of years back.

I do need approx 13k more 223 brass though.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#8]
my buddy said the last show was crap,prices were so high he thought eveyone must have been smoking crack.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Fellers, I'm going to say it again, I haven't seen a deal at a show in a long time.

All of the deals I have found have been either right here on this website, or somewhere else online. As far as ammo, although it's really expensive right now compared to a few years ago the online prices just can't be beat.

As far as gun deals: You need to first find yourself a dealer willing to do transfers at a reasonable rate for you. That can be done right here on ARFCOM. Once you find one, get some ink signed copies of their FFL so when you buy something online, you can send your money and the copy of the FFL directly to the seller. You're going to save yourself a boatload over going to the shows.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did find AR lower parts kits for $70 which wasn't too bad so I picked up a couple of them.

Some firearms were sky high and some were in line with the prices I have been seeing online, but they had the guns in hand if you wanted/had to get one.

I had not been to a show in several years and had little hope of finding anything, but since I needed lower parts kits and had time to kill, I went and got lucky.

Tons of people there and there were a lot of guns purchased while I was at the show regardless of the prices.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#12]
YOU MUST HAVE AN INSIDER? I WENT 30 MIN AFTER THEY OPENED ANDDIDN'T SEE ANY PARTS KITS , BUT I DID SEE ALOT OF PUCKE HEADS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE OBAMY HYPE
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I went to metcalf and it was disappointing.  Some guy wanted $15 for 20-25 (he couldn't remember) rounds of mil-surp 7.62 x 54r.

I passed.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
YOU MUST HAVE AN INSIDER? I WENT 30 MIN AFTER THEY OPENED ANDDIDN'T SEE ANY PARTS KITS , BUT I DID SEE ALOT OF PUCKE HEADS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE OBAMY HYPE

I saw DoubleStar(?) LPKs with the guy that had all the AR, M1A, M1 Garand and Carbine parts in the middle of the hall.  I did not ask how much they were.  They were in a white box.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
was he a chunky dark haired kid not looking to help anuone? had them in glass case?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:02:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
was he a chunky dark haired kid not looking to help anuone? had them in glass case?

Yeah, that was where I saw them.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Billpete...you're not in Oklahoma to go to gun shows...you're there to learn...
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#18]
yeh'to learn not to waste money or your time going to our suckass gunshows!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Billpete...you're not in Oklahoma to go to gun shows...you're there to learn...

Joe,

Trust me, the gunshow was an education––I learned that I should have bought much more back in 2005, and I would be a very rich man now....

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw DoubleStar(?) LPKs with the guy that had all the AR, M1A, M1 Garand and Carbine parts in the middle of the hall.  I did not ask how much they were.  They were in a white box.

This is the same guy I bought mine from, but they were in a clear plastic bag with no markings and when I asked he said they were "military surplus" so who knows what make they are.

I asked every possible dealer with AR's if they had any and took the best deal I could find.  There were two other vendors with them one wanted $110 and the other $130.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
right on bill pete +1 on that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top