Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 10:59:57 AM EDT
Can I let a family member barrow the AR15 thats registered to go shooting. Its the closest family member I have. I trust them with it. But will it be legal if I let them and have them put a so called letter of permision to barrow it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
NO. you have to be present.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NO. you have to be present.

How about spiritually?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I think you have to be present.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Read the details of the law.  It may be an offense to allow a minor to just hold it in your presence, or perhaps anyone.  I seem to recall something like this when I was in occupied Kalifornistan.  But, that trauma is slowly fading away................

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Read the details of the law.  It may be an offense to allow a minor to just hold it in your presence, or perhaps anyone.  I seem to recall something like this when I was in occupied Kalifornistan.  But, that trauma is slowly fading away................

hr

holy cow batman!   I took the boy out this weekend and had him shoot  the ar but had no idea that it may have benn a no no.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn.  Iron Sites is breaking the law daily!  They've got a post '94 ban AR for rent.  

Sadly the poor thing is as rusty as all get out.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is incorrect. The owner of the AW has to be present, as does a legal guardian of the minor.

We have juniors who shoot High Power right along side LEO. Not an issue.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is incorrect. The owner of the AW has to be present, as does a legal guardian of the minor.

the only issue is that most leo's don't have the full understanding of AW's & it's laws in the hands of law abiding citizens.  sure the leo's who shoots high power with ar's would have some knowledge so odds are they aren't going to be dicks about it, but leo's who don't know jack would  make it  hell for the AW owners.  one good example that I've heard about is an leo confronted a guy who had a fab10 ar...the first thing that the officer said was that it was an illegal rifle and called for backup....10squad cars came to the scene.....and 2.5hrs later they finally let the fella with the fab10 go- after he spent 2.5hrs inside the squad car.---talk about WaSTED TAXED Dollars
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the only issue is that most leo's don't have the full understanding of AW's & it's laws in the hands of law abiding citizens.  sure the leo's who shoots high power with ar's would have some knowledge so odds are they aren't going to be dicks about it, but leo's who don't know jack would  make it  hell for the AW owners.  one good example that I've heard about is an leo confronted a guy who had a fab10 ar...the first thing that the officer said was that it was an illegal rifle and called for backup....10squad cars came to the scene.....and 2.5hrs later they finally let the fella with the fab10 go- after he spent 2.5hrs inside the squad car.---talk about WaSTED TAXED Dollars

Well, at the Sac Valley range we have a LOT of kids shooting ARs on the public range (not the HP range) and a LOT of LEO, and no one has ever been hassled there in all the years I've been a member.

Maybe you need to move
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top