Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 2:11:43 PM EDT
I just moved to Nixa 6 months ago and i am 30 minutes from Table rock lake dam. I need a good basic fly tying instruction book, i would prefer it to be spiral bound to sit on the tying table. I would like simple, durable, easy to tie instructions, for fly's that will catch trout at the table rock lake dam. I have material and a vise to do the tying, just lack an easy to understand instruction book. I am not wanting a DVD instruction.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fly+tying+book

Firs two books seem to be just what you want.  Both are spiral bound.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly in the age of free youtube, I haven't opened a fly tying book in ages.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly in the age of free youtube, I haven't opened a fly tying book in ages.
View Quote

This but I have many
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Get good with scuds (tans and grays) of different sizes. I also keep BWOs if I see them rising. Seems to work for me on the rainbows. Don't really catch anything big...but they are enough to keep me entertained. Don't forget about Bennet Springs and Roaring River or even Crane creek for true wild McClouds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top