Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2010 10:36:22 AM EDT
How do you tell the difference?  Been seeing them priced anywhere for $30-$120. I know there are airsoft knockoffs but how do you tell if the one is real or not?  And what is the actual going price for a real one (used)?

Thx
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Why on God's Earth would someone rip off a Ma-tech?

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
There are real ones used easily at $30.

They can wear out quick sometimes.....
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#3]
make sure its all metal???

the one i had was genuine, but i dont recall seeing any kinds of marking on it what-so ever. It flipped up nice and strong, and the elevation adjustments were a nice solid click as well...

check ebay or

sturmgewehr.com

good luck !
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

make sure its all metal???

the one i had was genuine, but i dont recall seeing any kinds of marking on it what-so ever. It flipped up nice and strong, and the elevation adjustments were a nice solid click as well...

But I thought yours came new on a rifle?

I wouldn't expect anything less..
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#5]
it did...the colt...

im just saying, i sold it, and i couldnt find any kind of markings on it at all to prove its authenticity.

ETA: Larue, is your number different? i called you the other day and  hot sounding verizon girl spoke with me saying your number was no longer valid....
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
So are these now good sights for longer range iron sights?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

it did...the colt...

im just saying, i sold it, and i couldnt find any kind of markings on it at all to prove its authenticity.

ETA: Larue, is your number different? i called you the other day and  hot sounding verizon girl spoke with me saying your number was no longer valid....

What is with you and females and why were you calling me.

My number changed...but it's currently shifting again and I'm not giving my number out until I have one solid and I'm done messing with my account. When I get it...I'll let you know.

But back to the Matech....

google search shows that the real ones are marked "matech" on the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
google search shows that the real ones are marked "matech" on the bottom.

I just looked at three - all have the below engraved on the bottom:

MATECH
0GU83

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why on God's Earth would someone rip off a Ma-tech?

Botach?
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I got one on my rifle and like it. I can hit a brick at 1000 yards with no magnification while eating pork skins and sipping on an ice cold Natty Light.

I like mine, no problems thus far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top