Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 1:52:02 PM EDT
I am looking to get a 9mm AR15 upper.  I have read the 9mm FAQ.  I am trying to decide between RRA and OLY.  What are your experiences with them?  Which do you recommend and why?  Are there any problems you have experienced with one brand or the other.  Thanks

Robert Morris
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the Rock River 9mm upper with free float tube.  It shoots great and their mag block works fine with the uzi 25rounders.  I have six mags that work flawlessly.  It also shoots very well, 2.035" 10 shot group at 100 yds just to see what kind of accuracy it had.  Drops 6 inches.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  What kind of mag block are you using?  That is one of the bewildering things about this.  There are a dozen different mag blocks.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a Colt!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I sold the mags to a local guy.  He can show 'em up his Colt for all I care.  

If you had only bought a 635 upper it would be running right now.

Me love you too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm using the standard mag block from RRA.  It works fine.  I have seen some others that look a little nicer, but as long as this one functions 100% it doesn't matter.  I've tried some subsonic loads and it ran nice at 850fps.  At 825 fps it had some problems when really spitting them out.

I had wanted a 9mm for a while and I absolutely love it.

Bill3508
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top