Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 9:19:25 AM EDT
had a quick question for those in the know in nj.  i have done several searches on the net for the answer, however i have not found anything conclusive.  

what model AR15 or AR15 copy am i allowed to legally purchase in nj?  i read the above link concerning nj "assault weapons" and am a little confused.  i believe, please correct me if i am wrong, that i am only allowed to purchase a colt match target M4.

link to nj directive

any help or insight would be appreciated.

this is an awesome board guys.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Any post-ban compliant (no flash hider, bayonet lug or colapsable stock) AR type rifle that is NOT a model AR15. For example, Bushmasters are models XM-15, DPMS are model A-15. Yes, its confusing! I dont know of any NEW production, post-ban AR type rifle that you can not own in NJ.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, any post-ban AR15-type rifle can be purchased here.  Armalite, Bushmaster, Cav Arms, Colt, DPMS, Fulton Armory, Olympic Arms, Rock River, etc.

Can NOT have any preban configuration or a receiver stamped with a model name of "AR15."
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Any news on the proposed blocked hi cap mag ban? when are they trying to slip that one through? Is there anything that can be done?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard anything more yet. Will post here if I do.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#5]
thank you for the responses.  this state is so confusing, but i guess thats the way they want it, most likely to discourage gun ownership!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
You got that right. What part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
the lovely dover township.  i am also a member of the fort dix range, where i mostly shoot skeet.

u from south jersey?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey gop - Where the hell are my manners?  WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Sorry, didn't realize this was your first post.  If you didn't see it yet, check out the latest NJ BLAST thread tacked in this forum.  It would be nice if you could make it out.  (much different experience than the skeet fields but I promise you its the nicest bunch of people you'll ever meet at the range!)

I hope you stick around on the boards.  If there is ever anything I can do for you, just yell!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
thank you for the welcome.  i am in the process of convincing my girlfriend that we need to go to the range on her birthday, lol.  so there is  about a 75% chance i am there on that weekend.  again i appreciate the welcome and the responses to my question.  i dont know about u guys but i kinda get the feeling i am doing something illegal when i go to the gun shop or the ranges.  this state has warped my mind!  

there is a ton of info on this board and it has proven very helpful.

if i am a go on that weekend i will def. sign up in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Gop,
welcome to the board!! I am from dover township in NJ also.I belong to the Central Jersey range in Jackson.If you are looking to buy an AR soon send me an email and i can let you try some of my ARs before you buy one.I have 12 different uppers so you can try all the different setups and configurations.Send me an email if interested.I go to the range almost every Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
sent u an email.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the boards

nice
more dover twp people
toms river here and Im always at Dix
as a few people had said Im that guy with
the gun that shoots big fireballs
its only federal xm193
quite a few people remember me that way especially friday nights
when it get darker out
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
555r,You are from Dover too?I love the federal xm193.All i use to test build ups.I just built a flat top bushie with mini y comp on it and took it too range today.It was soooo lound that i was tempted to shoot some wolf ammo out of it just to keep my eardrums from falling out.it knocked my coffee off the bench twice.Me and above mentioned member are going to plan a trip to central jersey on a sunday morning in the near future if you want in too.More the merrier!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
the lovely dover township.  i am also a member of the fort dix range, where i mostly shoot skeet.

u from south jersey?

Forked River and also a member of Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top