Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/8/2004 10:34:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 10:34:59 AM EST by j3_]
Shot the IDPA match today. Loaded up and shot part of a stage. Hit a few then pulled the trigger and no bang. Slide was closed so I figured I had an empty that did not eject so I dropped that mag because a change was required anyway and racked it to load one in out of the new mag and a live round came out of the chamber. When I finished I picked it up and it has a deep primer strike but that was it. It was new factory U S made ammo. First time I have ever gotten a bad round from American made ammo. Really surprised me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:36:30 AM EST
Who was the manufacturer? Winchester? Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't a squib.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:00:20 PM EST
What IDPA match was today?

S**t happens even with factory ammo. Tap Rack Bang! Drive on!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:38:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 5:40:51 PM EST by j3_]
They have one a month at Pinetucky. Next month is a regional match I think. You can check it out at csrapistol.com for the info on when and where matches are around this area.

Yes it was the 9mm Win value pack. This is my third case I am on and never a problem.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:26:41 PM EST
Only ammo I have ever had problem with was Amercian ammo the stuff with AMERC? headstamp. That stuff is junk. I got a few boxes of 45 left going to hold onto one to prove how bad it was.
My G21 and Kimber didnt like eating it.

I never have had a problem with Winchester VPs myself. Maybe one day I'll try one of them shoots, as soon as I get my life back on sometype of schedule I can start getting range time again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:36:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 5:41:58 AM EST by ar-wrench]
Every now an then the anvil falls out of a primer before it is seated in the shell. Automated loading equipment will not pick this up, and it results in a dud. The only way to eliminate this particular failure is by handloading, but then you have other avenues of failure not found in the automated machinery loads.

The ammo carried by the Secret Service on POTUS security is the most inspected, highest quality available, and specific proceedures are in place to preclude this type failure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:28:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:
Only ammo I have ever had problem with was Amercian ammo the stuff with AMERC? headstamp. That stuff is junk.

That stuff is crap for sure. Almost unreloadable as well. Brass is soft and reloaded rounds rarely clear a case gauge. I haven't run one through since putting in the Lee FCD on my 550B. I usually just toss them in the sorting stage.

Bernie has been selling that crap resulting in Amerc .45 poluting the ranges.
Top Top