Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2008 5:25:13 AM EDT

05/21/08
Police Beat

MCC offers motorcycle class

A state statute effective July 1 requires proof of completion of a motorcycle safety course.[/b] The Basic Rider Course is offered at MCC Bradenton, 5840 26th St. W., and MCC Venice, 8000 South Tamiami Trail.

Nationally certified Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider coaches teach safe street-riding skills through classroom instruction and on-cycle training to students 16 and older on trainer motorcycles provided by the college.

After successfully completing the course, riders receive an MSF endorsement that may be taken to the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles office to seek a license.

The class meets 6-9:30 p.m. on Thursdays; and 6:45 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. The fee is $209 for students 21 and older and $189 for students between 16 and 20.

For more information, call MCC Bradenton at (941) 752-5203 or MCC Venice at 408-1412.

What is this?

Is it true, what is the law?

I took the course 6 years ago, and have the endorsement on my DL but the the paper copy of course.

Am I worried over nothing, just some stupid writer?
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it is only for new riders.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, it for endorsements going forward and does not affect those having current MC endorsements on their FL DL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take it anyhow, it may seem like an expense
you don't need , but if it refreshes information that
you use to avoid a spill and medical bills
would it not be worth the time and expense.

Ugh, do I sound like a salesman? Oh no!
my worst fear realized
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 7:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd take it anyhow, it may seem like an expense
you don't need , but if it refreshes information that
you use to avoid a spill and medical bills
would it not be worth the time and expense.

Ugh, do I sound like a salesman? Oh no!
my worst fear realized

+1   i took it after years of riding just to get the discount on my Ducati (now aprilia)   was well worth it.   learned way more than i thought i would
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IIRC, it for endorsements going forward and does not affect those having current MC endorsements on their FL DL.

+1
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

hopefully rates for the classes wont go outta sight
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I had to finally get signed up for  the MSF class. I procrastinated way too long and can't get into the DMV for the road test before July 1st. They are booked solid in Lee and Collier.

It was still $240. The same as when I looked at taking it last year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got mine after an MSF class, no bike though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top