Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/14/2007 3:40:21 PM EDT
ok so ive got some preban high cap G19 mags...

can i replace the mag body with a new production, steel lined, high cap body?

i want the drop free style for my G19 mags, and the preban mags i have are all non drop free.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:57:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 3:57:52 PM EDT by raysheen]

Originally Posted By Dieter122:
ok so ive got some preban high cap G19 mags...

can i replace the mag body with a new production, steel lined, high cap body?

i want the drop free style for my G19 mags, and the preban mags i have are all non drop free.

I wouldn't...but that's just me...don't know if anyone can answer that with 100% certainty

Also the steel glock mags aren't known to be the most reliable...if it's just a range gun then that's another story I guess.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 4:13:53 PM EDT by tc556guy]
I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket steel mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.
edited for spelling
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:07:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:
I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket stell mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.

aaahhhh that makes more sense.
I don't think I'd want to risk a possible felony conviction attempting to see if that would fly...but again, I tend to be on the conservative side with things like this
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:13:35 PM EDT

I think he means the reinforced Glock mags, not aftermarket stell mags. I don't think the NY folks have decided that replacement mag bodies are legal.

i think the old mag body just has to be held onto and incomplete, i dont see how it would be illegal?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:15:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dieter122:

i think the old mag body just has to be held onto and incomplete, i dont see how it would be illegal?

I *believe* that was an ATF ruling, not a NYS one. Since the 94 ban went away, ATF could care less, but I would bet money that NY will hold people to that pre-1994 manufacture date. They are biding their time while the supply of pre-94 mags dries up slowly but surely.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:19:22 AM EDT
I think Dieter should be our test case. Who is willing to donate $20 to his defense fund?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:29:05 AM EDT
I'm going with "no" on the mag bodies. Floor plate, followers and spring i can see, but not the mag body.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:39:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
I think Dieter should be our test case. Who is willing to donate $20 $20,000 to his defense fund?

Fixed it for ya. I kinda doubt he wants to to be a convicted felon for the next few years while he appeals his conviction(s).
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:55:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
I think Dieter should be our test case. Who is willing to donate $20 $20,000 to his defense fund?

Fixed it for ya. I kinda doubt he wants to to be a convicted felon for the next few years while he appeals his conviction(s).

If we get enough people to commit to sending $20 we can reach that goal.
Top Top