Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/3/2012 3:40:56 AM EDT
I'm building a rifle and my question is since the awb wasn't renewed years ago can newly built rifles have bayonets? Sorry if it seems like a silly question just curious on legalities of putting bayonet lug on a new rifle with a new lower (a non pre-ban lower).  Thanks for any help in advance I just was curious since I believe only thing keeping guns from having them was the awb that spanned from 1994-2004 I figured since it's now null maybe the pre-ban post ban thing wasn't an issue
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you're an unlucky guy like me and live in a ban state, you can have a bayonet lug on anything you want.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You shouldn't have any issues in Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah ohio laws seem pretty relaxed I just wasn't sure on the federal level, and I know just because you can buy something for your gun doesn't always mean it's legal to install or even have anywhere near your guns :( (without the proper paperwork that is)
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Pre-ban / post-ban isn't an issue in OH.
It is currently as if the ban era never occurred.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Although it is not ban related, Ohio still does have at least one strange gun law:
––  Any magazine capable of holding over 30 rounds inserted into a firearm makes that firearm a "machine gun"  unless that gun is a 22 rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Although it is not ban related, Ohio still does have at least one strange gun law:
––  Any magazine capable of holding over 30 rounds inserted into a firearm makes that firearm a "machine gun"  unless that gun is a 22 rimfire.

That is true, I am curious though... Have there been any prosecutions for this offense?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
yep, the terms "pre-ban" and "post-ban" are irrelevant in the context of OH laws.. as was previously mentioned, you should just make sure you don't couple a mag w/ capacity over 30 rounds w/ the rifle..  bayonet lugs are no issue, ...mine have them, as most folks here probably do...

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top