Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 2:40:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/3/2012 2:40:56 AM EST by Lancelot]
I'm building a rifle and my question is since the awb wasn't renewed years ago can newly built rifles have bayonets? Sorry if it seems like a silly question just curious on legalities of putting bayonet lug on a new rifle with a new lower (a non pre-ban lower). Thanks for any help in advance I just was curious since I believe only thing keeping guns from having them was the awb that spanned from 1994-2004 I figured since it's now null maybe the pre-ban post ban thing wasn't an issue
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:27:44 PM EST
Unless you're an unlucky guy like me and live in a ban state, you can have a bayonet lug on anything you want.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:30:02 PM EST
You shouldn't have any issues in Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:37:24 PM EST
yeah ohio laws seem pretty relaxed I just wasn't sure on the federal level, and I know just because you can buy something for your gun doesn't always mean it's legal to install or even have anywhere near your guns :( (without the proper paperwork that is)
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:48:23 AM EST
Pre-ban / post-ban isn't an issue in OH.
It is currently as if the ban era never occurred.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:02:21 AM EST
Although it is not ban related, Ohio still does have at least one strange gun law:
–– Any magazine capable of holding over 30 rounds inserted into a firearm makes that firearm a "machine gun" unless that gun is a 22 rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:57:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By TargetBlaster:
Although it is not ban related, Ohio still does have at least one strange gun law:
–– Any magazine capable of holding over 30 rounds inserted into a firearm makes that firearm a "machine gun" unless that gun is a 22 rimfire.

That is true, I am curious though... Have there been any prosecutions for this offense?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:01:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 5:02:17 PM EST by WileyCoyote]
yep, the terms "pre-ban" and "post-ban" are irrelevant in the context of OH laws.. as was previously mentioned, you should just make sure you don't couple a mag w/ capacity over 30 rounds w/ the rifle.. bayonet lugs are no issue, ...mine have them, as most folks here probably do...

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top