Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2009 3:44:23 PM EDT
im looking for someone good with their hands, some common sense and looking for long term employment.  machine shop experience a plus. tig welding a major plus.  plastic injection molding a major plus.

your duties will include

learn laser welding
drive the company truck to pickup and deliver jobs, occasionally your own vehicle.  so you need a valid license and a reliable car
keep the shop spotless
some paper work
and whatever else i need you to do

pay with minimal or no experience will be 8-10/hr
with experience will be negotiable
medical benefits available

hours will be m-f 730-430.  sometimes i will send you home early but on average 34-38hours per week.  if you stay busy and show up on time i wont send you home.
once you become sufficient at laser welding, you will get an increase and more hours.  anywhere from 3-6months, depending on how well you learn it.

im looking to hire someone asap

general questions please ask here.  please email applications to [email protected]

thanks - p

thanks guys
please delete
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 5:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
even at +11% unemployement, there are no takers?  or at least any interest.

i know $10/hour is far from a a livable wage, but we all need something different

this job is basically going to be paid training, with the potential to earn more per hour and more hours in general once you develop the skill.

you guys and gals out there must know someone that needs a job, please dont make me resort to craigslist

edit-
we are a small shop, but we do well for what we do.  there isnt much risk of us closing right now. i work around 50-60hours a week sometimes way more and my welder works about 45-55 hours per week and my current driver/learning welding get about 35hours a week.  he only get 35 because he cant show up on time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish you were in the Sacramento area. You'd like my resume.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you posted this on Calguns.net?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=160

They have a jobs sections. We got four Calgunners whom responded to our job ad last month. Hired one that was qualified.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the tip.  ive got a few people lined up for interviews tomorrow.  ill give cal guns a shot if they dont work out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
please delete
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#6]
by request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top