Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 7:47:39 AM EDT
(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

[(i)] (I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a  flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

(III) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to  fire the firearm without being burned, except a slide that encloses the barrel; or

(IV) A second hand grip; or

(v) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than ten rounds

what do you all think would constitute a second hand grip?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

One that you buy that has already been used?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Posted this in reply to your same question over on CTGT:

PA 13-3 defines second hand grip as follows...

(9) "Second hand grip" means a grip or similar feature that can function as a grip that is additional to the trigger hand grip.

Some something like this is what I assume they are talking about...

or this...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This, and it's illegal without ATF approval as an "any other weapon"

http://www.quarterbore.com/images/nfa-aow-02.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

[(i)] (I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

(II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a  flash suppressor, forward pistol grip or silencer;

(III) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to  fire the firearm without being burned, except a slide that encloses the barrel; or

(IV) A second hand grip; or

(v) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than ten rounds

This, and it's illegal without ATF approval as an "any other weapon"

http://www.quarterbore.com/images/nfa-aow-02.jpg

so this would be good to go maybe?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Ab Arms Handguard maybe ? Can I make a 300 blk aids cannon using a virgin post ban Stag Arms lower ?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ab Arms Handguard maybe ? Can I make a 300 blk aids cannon using a virgin post ban Stag Arms lower ?  
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rlnkKNXTGlM/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

diggin that hand guard
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The question is what constitutes a "grip" in addition to the "the trigger hand grip"? Notice the way the state defines "Second hand grip", they do not mention "pistol grip" rather they just say "grip" which could be interpreted in a variety of ways.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The question is what constitutes a "grip" in addition to the "the trigger hand grip"? Notice the way the state defines "Second hand grip", they do not mention "pistol grip" rather they just say "grip" which could be interpreted in a variety of ways.
View Quote

ya, i know, thats why i asked you guys

even if that wouldnt fly, ive still got another idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top