Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/2/2003 12:05:26 AM EDT
My dad is driving down to california to pick up a 1903 from my uncle. are there any weird laws about a private transfer we have to worry about? there's no exhange of any kind, my dad is just picking it up and bringing it home. thanks for hte help!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:05:31 AM EDT
I have a O3 and a Garand that thank me everyday for liberating them from Kali. Just keep quiet, It seems that California has no prob. with you takeing them out, it is just the bringing them in part.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:35:39 PM EDT
If the libs and dems have their way, they'd have all the firearms out of civilians' hands and just let the police and criminals have them. Then we'll fear them both equally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:17:08 PM EDT
"Bringing it home" so your Dad owned it in the first place, then I'm sure there is no problem.

Should your Uncle own it and certainly if he voluntarily registered it, then they're may be a transfer required, which may include fees, shipping to an FFL in WA, any fees or waiting periods required by WA, etc.

You might be able to get out of this because it is a family transfer or because the rifle is a C&R, I'm not sure.

That's no problem anyway because your father actually owns the 1903 and lent it to your brother, you did say that didn't you?
Top Top