Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 6:06:42 PM EDT
does any one have a link to all of the california assualt weapon gun smiths?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess I would take that silence as a no on a complete list.  You could try asking Chen Lee @ CLTactical though.  He is located in So-Cal.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it to ARS.....or from my PRK buddies, any gunsmith is allowed to work on it, but you have to remain next to him, while he/she does.

There's also a few smiths here in NV.....and nice place to drop off your rifle, and play around for a while!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
L&G WEAPONRY in Huntington Beach.

One down!

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Today I talked to a gunsmith in SD andhe tells me that noone will touch my even registered AR. He was talking about a $1k permit to work on AR and that noone in SD has it. I am SOL .
I'll send it out of state to be transformed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of work do you need done?

If you need work on just an upper, anyone should be able to work on it. As it's just gun parts then. When it's attached to a registered lower then, it's an AW. An upper you can send out for work anywhere, without going through an FFL.

If you need work done to the lower, then a CA Gunsmith needs that AW Permit.

You can try www.entreprise.com/ they pretty much work on any AW.

Also EGSW www.egsw.com/gunsmith/index.htm heard he is expensive though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes it was just the upper. Some threading and perm. Phantom. I told him that and he wont even touch it.
I was just checking here in the area before sending it out of state.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Today I talked to a gunsmith in SD andhe tells me that noone will touch my even registered AR. He was talking about a $1k permit to work on AR and that noone in SD has it. I am SOL .
I'll send it out of state to be transformed.

Tell him he's a DOJ ass kissing commie pinko and a liar AND that you're off to find a REAL gunsmith, then, take your hard earned dollars to someone worthy to work on YOUR rifle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
what do you mean by "challenges to the Roberty Roos Act and SB23"? are you talking about folding stocks on imported rifles or is there a shop that is selling new hk,aug and such?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what do you mean by "challenges to the Roberty Roos Act and SB23"? are you talking about folding stocks on imported rifles or is there a shop that is selling new hk,aug and such?

Nope...

I'm talking about CHALLENGES to the Roberti-Roos act and SB23.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Forgot to add, but Moses from the FALFILES does great work!

He did a FAL for $35 plus shipping.

Cut down a 21" to 16", cut, crowned, and threaded.....and then SS a muzzle brake.

Although.....price may have gone up, given the AWB, and all.

Quoted:
does any one have a link to all of the california assualt weapon gun smiths?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Please fill us in.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Please fill us in.

Cheers

Fill you in? EDITED: Nevermind... Arnold FUCKED US....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top