Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2004 12:03:31 PM EDT
I have seen quite a few pentagon police walking around with these guns and i have no idea what it is.  it looks awesome and would like to see if there was some sort of civilian model i could get or if i could get that gun itself.  here is the only picture i could find...its not that great but maybe someone knows what they carry anyways.

thanks guys

Link Posted: 12/27/2004 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like an HK MP5.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
it could be.  i wouldnt think the police would be issued an HK but i dont know.

i think before i leave tonite im gonna go up to one and ask what kind it is.  hopefully i will find out then.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i think before i leave tonite im gonna go up to one and ask what kind it is.  hopefully i will find out then.

Leave your dog at home.

Link Posted: 12/27/2004 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave your dog at home.

Definately MP5s with Surefire forearms on them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as sub-machine guns go, Pentagon Police carry MP-5s and UMPs.  I've never observed them with anything heavier than a sub-machine gun though.  I'm sure they have some M-4s in the inventory and maybe something else, but they don't generally pull that out.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As far as sub-machine guns go, Pentagon Police carry MP-5s and UMPs.  I've never observed them with anything heavier than a sub-machine gun though.  I'm sure they have some M-4s in the inventory and maybe something else, but they don't generally pull that out.  

I'm sure there's soemoen somewhere in a lil room stroking the bolt on a .308 somethin' or other.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
so i stopped a pentagon police officer today on my way into work and asked what kind of rifle he had.  i asked if he carried an HK and he said "no, its an MP5".  i told him that i thought an MP5 was an HK and he said no again.  he said they train with the MP5 and carry that or an M4.  i didnt want to argue with him since he is a LEO and it was his gun.

tell me im right on this one though.  was that guy just an idiot and not know what kind of gun he was carrying or what?
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Heckler and Koch MAKES the MP5
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]
so the guy i talked to was just a complete idiot and didnt know who made the MP5 he was carrying.  

wow...now i feel safe.

i also found out that they dont allow weapons of any type on the pentagon property at all.  guess i gotta keep my usp at home.  damn
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
so the guy i talked to was just a complete idiot and didnt know who made the MP5 he was carrying.  

wow...now i feel safe.

i also found out that they dont allow weapons of any type on the pentagon property at all.  guess i gotta keep my usp at home.  damn

Not to be an ass, but "NO SHIT".
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow...now i feel safe.

Not to be an ass, but "NO SHIT".

Link Posted: 1/3/2005 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
so i stopped a pentagon police officer today on my way into work and asked what kind of rifle he had.  i asked if he carried an HK and he said "no, its an MP5".  i told him that i thought an MP5 was an HK and he said no again.  he said they train with the MP5 and carry that or an M4.  i didnt want to argue with him since he is a LEO and it was his gun.

tell me im right on this one though.  was that guy just an idiot and not know what kind of gun he was carrying or what?

I dare you to ask him which end the bullets come out.  I guess the guy is not a gun nut.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I have personally dealt with  many of those guys with mixed results. Basiclly they are a group of over prepared under used guys whose only purpose is to guard a building. They really don't do anything, and get paid about 60,000 a year to do it. And yes they started carrying M4's and  MP5's  during patrol. Don't ask me why.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#14]
They carry weapons like that cause it's harder to shoot down an airplane with a pistol....
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I bet they went ape-shit when that tanker truck crashed and exploded a couple of weeks ago!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, they're MP5s, but I've also seen at least two G36s on the premises.  BTW, the MP5s have the 3-lug barrels, so you can attach a supressor

As for the average cop I've seen in the building, I wouldn't want to get in a belly bumping contest with alot of them; I'd definitely lose.  There seems to be a larger percentage than I would expect that are close to the maximum tensile strength of the polyester pants they wear.  There's also a fair percentage that take their job and duties seriously, and actually think physical fitness may be a good characteristic for cops.

Now, if they could only direct traffic worth a hoot.......
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I bet they went ape-shit when that tanker truck crashed and exploded a couple of weeks ago!

You can believe that for sure. That was a real mess.  They had to repave the road because it melted the  pavement.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#18]
they're not actually "pentagon police" but the "defense protective services" ("dps" or "dipshits" for short). most of these guys are nothing but glorified security guards with gs ranking who couldn't make it into a real pd and have serious inferiority complexes cuz of it. but their "swat" teams are pretty good, made up of mostly former military members. they have killer high speed equipment, mostly hk. there used to be a "civil service appreciation day" up in dc every feb and they'd always be there with their swat displays. wonder if they still do that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
they're not actually "pentagon police" but the "defense protective services" ("dps" or "dipshits" for short). most of these guys are nothing but glorified security guards with gs ranking who couldn't make it into a real pd and have serious inferiority complexes cuz of it. but their "swat" teams are pretty good, made up of mostly former military members. they have killer high speed equipment, mostly hk. there used to be a "civil service appreciation day" up in dc every feb and they'd always be there with their swat displays. wonder if they still do that?

DPS now falls under the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (www.pfpa.mil/).  I think the DPS guys who drive their patrol cars around Crystal City and other remote DoD office areas seem like glorified night watchmen, but the Pentagon Police guys seem a little more on top of things.  I think they also have seperate uniforms (not that that means anything).
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Civilain clones of the MP5/HK-94 are:

Bobcat Weapons BW-5/HK94 9mm Carbine
Special Weapons LLC SW5

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
so the guy i talked to was just a complete idiot and didnt know who made the MP5 he was carrying.  hr

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
DPS now falls under the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (www.pfpa.mil/).

AFPlayboy - PFPA always has a booth set up at the security awareness fairs that they put on there
in the main shopping thoroughfare abt twice a year or so. One of the tables is always dedicated to
their toys and they're usually more than willing to talk to you about them, and to have a look.

I work over in Crystal City, and usually come over there at least several time a month to pick up
paperwork on 4th floor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DPS now falls under the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (www.pfpa.mil/).

AFPlayboy - PFPA always has a booth set up at the security awareness fairs that they put on there
in the main shopping thoroughfare abt twice a year or so. One of the tables is always dedicated to
their toys and they're usually more than willing to talk to you about them, and to have a look.

I work over in Crystal City, and usually come over there at least several time a month to pick up
paperwork on 4th floor.

well why dont you make it to the fifth floor sometime and stop by for a chat...haha
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
well why dont you make it to the fifth floor sometime and stop by for a chat...haha

I could do that too.... IM me with your room # and name, so I don't walk in w/o a name of who
to talk to.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#25]
DPS is no more. The name was officially changed to Pentagon PD last year.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#26]
holy shit, so i see! looks like 9/11 changed a lotta things for the better up there! you even need a college degree to join up (or 1yr leo experience). from my days at the wailing wall, it looked like the chief requirement was being able to sit on a stool for 8 hrs and not fall off...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top