[#2]
great just fucking great.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SO 2019.....LOL @Leisure Construction
View Quote
I'm afraid your being overly optimistic.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Some work is being done. Was there March 2nd and machines were working on what I presume to be the skeet and trap areas. Florida wildlife moved a trailer onto site. Ranges are still pretty overgrown with weeds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Ill be able to retire in 10 years, so hopefully it will be open by then. Or I wil be dead, one or the other.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I just signed a contract to have a house built about 5 minutes from the range...hopefully when its ready in about 6-8 months the damn place will at least have the pistol and rifle ranges going.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I just drove by there and there were a few guys working.  They are doing the prep work for the shotgun area.  The rifle and pistol area is done as it was a year ago and now is looking like crap as its just sitting there with no maintenance or use.  It could have and should have been open a year ago as per their plan as it was phase one.

They are now apparently working on the shotgun stuff which is phase 3 without opening phase one which is their own plan.  Typical fucked up lying govt project .
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
If it were a youth center in some shit neighborhood it would have been completed years ago.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it were a youth center in some shit neighborhood it would have been completed years ago.
View Quote
bingo

midnight basketball etc.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just drove by there and there were a few guys working.  They are doing the prep work for the shotgun area.  The rifle and pistol area is done as it was a year ago and now is looking like crap as its just sitting there with no maintenance or use.  It could have and should have been open a year ago as per their plan as it was phase one.

They are now apparently working on the shotgun stuff which is phase 3 without opening phase one which is their own plan.  Typical fucked up lying govt project .
View Quote
Thanks. Please tell us you saw facilities buildings being worked on. Remember, thats why we arent shooting there right now...no toilets!
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#12]
http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/palm-beach/
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks. Please tell us you saw facilities buildings being worked on. Remember, thats why we arent shooting there right now...no toilets!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not only no but hell no.  the same stuff that was there last year is still there but in much worse shape due  to neglect.  Absolutely no work has been done on the rifle or pistol ranges just a little site prep work for the shotgun area which was supposed to be phase 3 and done last after the rifle and pistol range were open.  It now looks like an overgrown pile of shit.  People should be in jail over this joke of a project. This idiotic shit has been going on for at least 15 years.

They put out a business plan and building permit to the public and they aren't even close to following their own plan.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]
That sucks. They supposedly had all the stuff to do the facilities buildings. Maybe waiting on permits from the county?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That sucks. They supposedly had all the stuff to do the facilities buildings. Maybe waiting on permits from the county?
View Quote
I doubt it.  zero progress has been made in one year now as far as the "facilities"  I bet the money for this project magically went somewhere for a non gun use.

Even the govt couldn't be this incompetent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I doubt it.  zero progress has been made in one year now as far as the "facilities"  I bet the money for this project magically went somewhere for a non gun use.

View Quote
You talking about the same .gov that is in power?  Cause that one is renowned for being extremely incompetent
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, went over at lunch today to do some recon. Nothing was moving, the equip. looked like it has not moved in a month, no workers anywhare. We have had such great weather, nice, sunny, cool, the kind of weather u can get alot of outsider work done b4 100 deg again..all for shit I guess.

Today would have been a great day to actually shoot...
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:28:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Someone inside or outside of government with political juice,  doesn't want this range completed; it's that simple.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Someone inside or outside of government with political juice,  doesn't want this range completed; it's that simple.
View Quote
Welcome to Palm Beach County.  If it saves one life, there are those willing to let this rot to the ground.  It's criminal.

Please allow me to posit this possibility.  Would you support the completion of a project that would allow your political enemies a place to assemble and congregate?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Emailed Gov. Rick Scott asking why the state is allowing Palm Beach County to sand bag the project. I encourage people to do the same.  I also said I would volunteer to mow and maintain the states investment if need be.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Emailed Gov. Rick Scott asking why the state is allowing Palm Beach County to sand bag the project. I encourage people to do the same.  I also said I would volunteer to mow and maintain the states investment if need be.
View Quote
Well he was in PBG just today !! for some ribbon cutting  ceremony, would have been nice to ask the question in person
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Well he was in PBG just today !! for some ribbon cutting  ceremony, would have been nice to ask the question in person
View Quote
I couldn't agree more. Where was he in PBG? That's just a few miles away from the range site.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I think its important to remember that this is an FWC project, not a county project.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think its important to remember that this is an FWC project, not a county project.
View Quote
County "code enforcement" is stalling the State project for quite a while. It's the weapon the county uses against the state and conservative interests. It doesn't take a year to build a bathroom unless you want it to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Drove out there yesterday. they seem to have finished grading what I assumed to be the trap and skeet fields. Parking pavement not yet done for this area but looks ready for it. Looks like all the irrigation is in place and electricity seems to be in place for future buildings. they have planted palm trees all around entrance. Took only one pic of the entrance and the palms.

Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Went out there last week checking on my property...there is now some landscaping on property (big palms at entrance) and the trap area ranges seem to be leveled out (as the previous poster noted). What is disappointing is absolutely no work on any structures yet. The existing ranges all look like s';t, they are overgrown, and the berms are washed out a little from not being maintained. Typical government project.

.Just took a look at the permits on the public county building website (you can look too use Leisure construction as the company in search) and the permits are in process. Now I dont know crap about permits but there are a ton of "issues" with plans that have come up in the permitting that I see that seems to be extending the process. Permits for the buildings have been in progress since January. Im sure commercial is much different (hopefully local contractors can chime in) but I am waiting on permits for a SFH and was told 4-6 weeks. They have been more than double that for this project.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Drove out there yesterday. they seem to have finished grading what I assumed to be the trap and skeet fields. Parking pavement not yet done for this area but looks ready for it. Looks like all the irrigation is in place and electricity seems to be in place for future buildings. they have planted palm trees all around entrance. Took only one pic of the entrance and the palms.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/VinDelP/20180421_113325.jpg
View Quote
LOL whats with the FWC trailer just wasting away there ??
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Bump..........

It's hard to believe this thread is over a year old and the range is still not open.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#31]
really sad thing is that it probably won't be open till this time 2019.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#33]
They promised to have it open in the fall of this year.

They're lying.

No one can convince me that this bullshit isn't intentional.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice to see an optimistic chap on a Sunday morning!
View Quote
Well, considering how long this has been under construction, and how many delays there have been, its somewhat hard to maintain a positive outlook.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, considering how long this has been under construction, and how many delays there have been, its somewhat hard to maintain a positive outlook.
View Quote
it has been over 15 years, people
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep, I attended the meetings 15 years ago for when they were going to build at 20 mile bend close to the “sheriff’s range”.......
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yep, I attended the meetings 15 years ago for when they were going to build at 20 mile bend close to the “sheriff’s range”.......
View Quote
#MeToo

I fully expect it next year, in the middle of the summer, 98 degrees and the first hurricane that comes in will flood it.  FWC will close it then for another year to assess flood damage.

I will continue to drive to my lease in Deltona as I just don't trust indoor ranges with the newbs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. And during that time there were private individuals that wanted to open a range on that land but were denied.

Personally, I hope it NEVER opens and it just gets abandoned. I'm not a fan of gov't being involved in ANY business- especially one that is our fundamental right. Would you want the government to open a chain of tax payer subsidized hospitals? Or how about tax payer subsidized newspapers and news websites? What would happen if they opened grocery stores, used tax money to make everything 1/3 price of current going rate and ran Publix/Winn Dixie/Wal-mart out of business. Everyone would be rejoicing with their $1/gal milk.....until the gov't is the only outlet and they decide what you can buy.

Free enterprise.

My biggest fear is this place will open, use tax payer funds to subsidize fees, for-profit ranges will be forced out, then they will close this under "cost cutting measures" at the first sign of a real estate downturn.

Make no mistake, the gov't meddling in what should be free enterprise is NEVER a good idea.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I want to buy a precision rifle to shoot here, but I'm going to hold off for now because I don't want to stare at it for a year before I can stretch it's legs
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I want to buy a precision rifle to shoot here, but I'm going to hold off for now because I don't want to stare at it for a year before I can stretch it's legs
View Quote
there are places, where are you located ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in Boca Raton, Malabar is about 2 hours from me. I would be willing to make the drive once a month but of course I would prefer something closer.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Malabar is a fine club but it is a little cumbersome now to get qualified to shoot on the 600 yard range.  You have to pass the orientation and shoot in two matches as they have it set up now.  There is a place called Hollywood tactical in Okeechobee that you can shoot gongs all the way out to 1000 yards.  That would be easier for you. Its $50 to shoot.  see their web page or facebook page for more info.

I shoot at all of the ranges so this is unbiased info.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#46]
That pisses me off...robbing people just cause they have a long range
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Looks like 700.00 for Okeechobee and 150.00 for Malabar - per year.
View Quote
they are letting people come on a per day basis now. $50 a day as I said in my previous post
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Any experience with Homestead Training center? They go out to 500 if you're a member and the yearly fee is only $225.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was merely relaying what their website says today. The FB site says 50.00 per trip with a member and only a total of two visits at the 50.00 per day rate - then you must join.

If it is 50.00 per day, I could see it to test any new loads I try. My current load is spot on out to 1400 yards, almost can't miss at 1200 yards, so 1000 yards isn't that big a deal. I would also use it when I had a visitor who has never shot very far.

Regardless, it's great to have multiple options and thanks for pointing them out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like 700.00 for Okeechobee and 150.00 for Malabar - per year.
they are letting people come on a per day basis now. $50 a day as I said in my previous post
I was merely relaying what their website says today. The FB site says 50.00 per trip with a member and only a total of two visits at the 50.00 per day rate - then you must join.

If it is 50.00 per day, I could see it to test any new loads I try. My current load is spot on out to 1400 yards, almost can't miss at 1200 yards, so 1000 yards isn't that big a deal. I would also use it when I had a visitor who has never shot very far.

Regardless, it's great to have multiple options and thanks for pointing them out.
I shot there wed.  just give them a call and get the latest details from Keith.  If there are going to be people there you can come too for $50.  If you have 4 guys he will meet you there for $200.   Give him a call for details.  This is current info as I was just there last Wed.  online info as with most online stuff is outdated.

also Okeechobee shooting sports is going to start up their 500 yard shoots on Tuesdays but you must call George the range officer at the range directly.  $50 a day also heavily depending on availability.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top