Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I went by the range last weekend and it looks the same as it has been for at least the last three months.

However....Just checked on the permits for the accessory and restroom buildings and it looks like they will finally be approved within a week. The permits are in the final phase which takes a couple days. We may actually see work started in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
thank god, 17 years
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah...I almost forgot about this place :/
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't be at all surprised if the PBC range is never completed; somethings definitely fishy about the entire situation because it just doesn't take all that much time to build a range and a few out buildings.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I won't be at all surprised if the PBC range is never completed; somethings definitely fishy about the entire situation because it just doesn't take all that much time to build a range and a few out buildings.
View Quote
PBC is abusing their power to prevent a gathering point for their political enemies. They are basically telling the state to fuck itself, we are Palm Beach county yo. We are Dem strong. It doesn't take 2 years to build a bathroom to PBC code unless you want it to. Hit them with another variance and kick the can further down the road.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Went there Saturday Sept 8th. Gates locked shut. From what I could see no changes . Might try to go on a weekday to get a closer look.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the fall -winter 2018 opening date is just another lie.

Meanwhile, it takes just a couple months to turn a working farm into a strip mall here in PBC.

So yeah, it was actually just another lie.

Let's see how the latest date of May 2019 for the opening of a partially completed range works out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like the fall -winter 2018 opening date is just another lie.

Meanwhile, it takes just a couple months to turn a working farm into a strip mall here in PBC.
View Quote
I really don't think it will ever open at this point. The money has been misappropriated, the people in power at the FWC don't want it, etc..
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I really don't think it will ever open at this point. The money has been misappropriated, the people in power at the FWC don't want it, etc..
View Quote
I've believed that for quite a while, corruption and political pressure  of one sort or another are the only plausible reasons for the endless delays.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've believed that for quite a while, corruption and political pressure  of one sort or another are the only plausible reasons for the endless delays.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I believe that it is taking forever, there is actually work being done now on the support buildings. Lookslike the slab and underground electric are in according to permit inspections.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

While I believe that it is taking forever, there is actually work being done now on the support buildings. Lookslike the slab and underground electric are in according to permit inspections.
View Quote
Good to know - thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
October Update! Seems to be some movement however slow!

Shooting benches

Building foundation

Furniture stacked up
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the update and pics. What am I looking at in the 3rd photo? The items wrapped in plastic...

Never mind - just saw the caption
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#16]
The way they are doing the baffles it looks like it is going to be loud!

But, you know, government, because F free enterprise and capitalism. We could have formed a co-op of AR15 members and had it operational faster than .gov. And we argue about everything.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...and we argue about everything.
View Quote
NO WE DON'T!!!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 6:08:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You are both clearly wrong, I am the only one who is right!
View Quote
My wife told me that SHE owns that distinction!!!  When I married her 30 years ago, I thought I was marrying Miss Right...  I just didn't know her first name was Always!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
What ya know - there's actualy an update from FWC...

http://myfwc.com/media/4518618/updatepbc.pdf

Their estimate is 6 months or so. I'll plan on this time next year....
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
...an update from FWC...  Their estimate is 6 months or so...
View Quote
Sort of...  Their estimate is 6 months until the "timeline" is available!  

So, after years of hearing talk about this range, I had to go and find it and take a look for myself...  The pistol and 100 yard rifle ranges are basically finished.  For the 200 yard and 300 yard rifle ranges, the only thing that is done is the berms and backstop.  The 300 yard range has a nice feature - a cut in the left berm at the target end so you can drive  down the outside of the range on the left to get to your target.  Should help speed up "range cold" times on the 300 yard range.

The little building in the picture doesn't look much different today than when that picture was taken.  Unfinished concrete block exterior with no windows or doors...

For those interested in taking a look.  The easiest way to get there is to take your favorite east-west road (Southern, Okeechobee, or North Lake) west until you get to Seminole Pratt-Whitney Road and turn north.  Follow Seminole Pratt Whitney Road north until the pavement ends.  The entrance to the range is 1.8 miles north from there on the right.  From Wellington (Forest Hill & 441), it is about a 1/2 hour drive.

P.S.:  MarkL1 - thanx for the link!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank you Reorx
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, their update memo is a little vague. The facilities/admin buildings are supposed to be completed late spring. What we've been told is that the park can/will open once these buildings are complete. We'll see if that holds true.

I think the name of the contractor is perfect - Leisure Construction. They work at their leisure ;)
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think the name of the contractor is perfect - Leisure Construction. They work at their leisure ;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL!  Good one!

Quoted:
Thank you Reorx
You're welcome!

Looking at photos higher on this page (posted by VinD on 10/2), that building (the only building I saw) only had 3 rows of block in early October and now it is farther along...  it almost has a roof!    Not bad for 6 weeks!!!  Liesure Construction indeed!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#26]
the sad thing is if we all volunteered to come down and help them build it they would have said no.  govt  
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Leisure is right damn!! I had a whole house built in 3 months once they broke ground. It took two days to lay the block.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Any progress? I'm literally growing old waiting for this range to open.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#30]
They broke ground on this site in Sept 2016. I'm not expecting to shoot there before Sept 2019.

3 years to build a facilities building, clear some land, pile up some dirt and build wood benches...
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ill head over this week and update
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Got busy and forgot to swing by until today..Gate was closed but there was a truck inside at the building doing work. I saw at least one building up with roof and windows/doors. Permits show thats about as far as they have gotten on both the restroom and "recreation building". Permits are also in progress for the 200 and 300 yard covers and the trap/skeet fields.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got busy and forgot to swing by until today..Gate was closed but there was a truck inside at the building doing work. I saw at least one building up with roof and windows/doors. Permits show thats about as far as they have gotten on both the restroom and "recreation building". Permits are also in progress for the 200 and 300 yard covers and the trap/skeet fields.
View Quote
Thanks. Hopefully it will open without the trap and skeet fields being complete.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#35]
So in May they will be able to tell us when the pistol and rifle range will be open?
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I wouldn't expect anything...
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Just got back from there.  The first three pics are of the checkin room/bathroom by the rifle ranges. the last two are of the  bigger  building by the shotgun area.  its a much bigger building.

In summary its been two years from the first post and its slowly getting done.  In the last two years all that's been done is to build the two buildings and get the shotgun fields graded and electrical put in nothing else.  No work was done on the 200 or 300 yard rifle ranges.  The fixed position ranges could have been opened two years ago as not much has changed.   I hope its not too much longer it looks like it will be a very comprehensive facility once it gets open.  The bigger building in the back is a substantial structure and shows me they are serious at least about the shotgun stuff.  Nice big parking lots also.

Its at the west end of Northlake boulevard.  Go north  .7 miles to dirt road and another 1.7 miles on dirt road to the range on the right just before boy scout camp.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks man for the update, and taking the time to go out there!
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanx Reel!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Gotta love the only thing finished is the handicap spot complete with sign lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#42]
March 28, 2019

Progress being made at Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park

Contractors are making headway on two buildings at the Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park. Drywall work is complete in the administrative building and underway in the restroom.
The next building construction phase will include work on the ceiling, flooring, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, and finalizing the plumbing. In addition, permits
were secured to construct the trap and skeet fields and the 200- and 300-yard shooting lines and overhead baffling. A timeline for completing the rifle and handgun ranges will
be available in May.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#43]
The only thing I want is the 200+ range.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
March 28, 2019

Progress being made at Palm Beach County Shooting Sports Park...
View Quote
Thanx for the update Mark!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Any updates? Has anyone been out there lately?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Large strip malls are constructed within months of clearing the land but a handful of tiny outbuildings at the range site take forever.

What a damned joke this is.

https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/palm-beach/
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#47]
20 years.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm going to be up near there tomorrow. I'll try to stop by and get some pics.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm going to be up near there tomorrow. I'll try to stop by and get some pics.
View Quote
That would be great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit. Guns will be banned and I'll be dead before this place goes hot.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top