Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 10:27:55 PM EDT
Hey you Austin shooters...

Looks like i will be movingto Austin. What are the best ranges?  I know about Reds Indoor range around oak hill and Dietz range in New braunfels...  anything else?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Texas Tactical has a range in Henly. Take 290 West, then go south on 165 a few miles.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
There is also a range East of town near Manor I've used once or twice.  Other than the rangemaster being drunk at 9:30 in the morning it was ok....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is also a range East of town near Manor I've used once or twice.  Other than the rangemaster being drunk at 9:30 in the morning it was ok....

He's an OK guy, though.  I just wish they didn't have the per-gun fees.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
quote:  "Aw... that cat ain't deaf, he just don't give a shit...."

Naw, I didn't have any problems with the rangemaster either, just noted that he was gassed up pretty early in the morning last time I was there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Eagle Peak in Leander off of Nameless road...if you are going to be that far North anyway.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Eagle Peak in Leander off of Nameless road...if you are going to be that far North anyway.

Nice folks, and a very well run covered range with a mini-gunshop on premises.  There is a ban on FMJ rifle ammo though.  Since I use it exclusively for pistol I'm not bothered.

No time or #number of guns limit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice folks, and a very well run covered range with a mini-gunshop on premises.  There is a ban on FMJ rifle ammo though.  Since I use it exclusively for pistol I'm not bothered.

They are very strict about rapid fire on the pistols.  I've been told to slow down even when I've been the only person on the range, with a single ragged whole in the center of the target.  It feels like I'm shooting really, really slow when I have to say "Bang, one thousand, bang, two thousand".

Nice range though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree Eagle Peak is pretty decent for taking a lot of pistols out and spending some time definitly cost effective.  I usually go either there or Reds.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#11]
thanks folks...
it is official, I am moving to Austin.
I have been to the Manor range B4...  heh, the dude was sittin in his pickup next to the firing lime drinkin old mil. Not a bad range though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
one place you cant go any longer is the Hamilton Pool range, thank God.  Crazy Richard moved.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
one place you cant go any longer is the Hamilton Pool range, thank God.  Crazy Richard moved.

Is he closed now?  I thought he was staying open until mid year.

I liked that range...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top