Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 10:17:14 PM EDT
so who's got some AK recievers in the Tucson/Phoenix area?

Ameetec said he was going to order some a month or two ago, but never got back to me.  so if you're able to order some, please do IM me or respond with pricing and such.  I've got an AMD 65 kit just hanging around and some disposable cash again, and would love to build myself another EBR in celebration of the ban going bye bye.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Feel free to post on the board, I need some too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If you find them I need one too.  

To those of you in Tucson, I came across a little western shop at Prince and Fairview today and on their door was a notice that they sell firearms. They just have old west firearms.  I went inside and asked the lady if they do transfers such as on a receiver for a gun build and if so how much would one be,  she said $12.00.  That is about the cheapest I have seen in Tucson.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you find them I need one too.  

To those of you in Tucson, I came across a little western shop at Prince and Fairview today and on their door was a notice that they sell firearms. They just have old west firearms.  I went inside and asked the lady if they do transfers such as on a receiver for a gun build and if so how much would one be,  she said $12.00.  That is about the cheapest I have seen in Tucson.

most definitely the cheapest.  are you talking about Packem(sp?)

maybe we'll have to get OOW to ship some out here
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it was Pakem.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
hmm, so how many can we get rounded up?  I know I need one, my roomie probably wants one, and I may be able to round up one other.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
i could use one. how about a little group buy? let me know.
                           later  jay
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
                           later  jay

thats kind of the idea that I've got going
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Are we going to do a group buy here?  If so, how many of us are in Tucson and how many in Phoenix?
I am in for at least one and would just as soon have it go through AZEXARMS if Derek could do my build, then I would only have to go up there from Tucson to pick up the finished gun.  

If everyone is from Tucson, it may be easier to go though a local FFL.  If enough people from Phoenix and Tucson were to order to get the price break Derek mentioned, then the final price with his transfer fee would be little different than the FFL I mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:14:50 AM EDT
[#10]
If you guys do set up a group buy IM me and my step-son will probably want one. He's been bugging me about building an AK.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                           later  jay

thats kind of the idea that I've got going

I'm in Phoenix, and I'm in for one, if someone knows how to build an AK.  Those AMD-65 kits look SWEET.

(No, I don't know how to build an AK... )
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm in Phoenix, and I'm in for one, if someone knows how to build an AK.  Those AMD-65 kits look SWEET.

(No, I don't know how to build an AK... )

start lurking at the ak47 forums and look in the "build it yourself" section, looks pretty simple, I havent built one yet but I'm going to screw mine together since I dont have a press and my only welder is a buzzbox stick setup.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
how much are the receivers????
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here's even better...

If I build the AK, no Xfer fee.

If you wanna build it. 25 dollar Xfer fee.

Fair Enough?

D.
AZEX

So what's an AMD-65 kit going to cost to build?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#17]
AZEXARMS.Com
My feeling is that I am not qualified to build an AK from a parts kit.  I do alot of my own gunsmithing (trigger jobs on rifles,  threading barrels on my SAR-1's, refinishing stocks, putting AR lowers together).  With the cost of my parts set and everything that goes with it, I want a professional job done and I can remember all the people (upwards of 70?) from the boards who sent their guns off to Harveyville, Kansas and never saw their parts kits, preban Chinese guns, and receivers again.  I took a close look at some of the work at AZEXARMS when I was up there and it looked like this was someone who knew what he was doing and the big thing to me was that a local builder is alot more accountable to those from the area who are having him work on there rifles.  

The price may not be the cheapest but the work and finish on the build isn't going to be the cheapest either.  If you heard the story of the boy wonder in Harveyville, then you heard about his lack of any tools, working out of a chicken-coop and the few good builds that came from him, nobody can determine who actually did the work.  

I believe at AZEXARMS the rifle is parkerized and then molycoated.  I know some builders just parkerize.  I listed below several builders and if you check their price lists, they seem to be a bit higher when you start adding up the build and then the finish which is not included in the build.

Here is a price list of another Arizona builder

AK USA  

Investment Grade Firearms

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#18]
So, is anyone still interested in this?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#19]
If I were to have an AK built, It would be Derek doing it. AK's are just out of my tool/skill set. but the only AK I would want would be a Krink SBR in 5.45X39, and I just don't have the $$ right now for a $430 parts kit, $50 reciever, $? other parts, $200 SBR tax, and The price of the build.

I'll just keep dreaming about it for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm still interested.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm interested but still working my end here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#22]
So whats the status here? How many solid, confirmed "I want ones" are there? My step son is bugging me about it, hes got an AMD-65 kit and wants me to get to building. Can we get a roll call here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Right now money is tight, but I too would like to go the Krinkov/sbr route.

And OBTW the last Ak in Mak's photo's posted above looks to be the one Derek did for me. It works like a charm and is the poop!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#24]
PAKEM has received for me several times and they have been great to work with. Nice people and no BS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm interested in a Reciever, but I'm not sure what kind of a parts kit I'd use, or what I'd do with it (Build myself or send to Derek).  It probably really depends on how much $$$ I have when I get around to it.  

At first I was thinking about an AMD-65 kit, but now I'm wondering where I could get a good underfolder kit...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Right now money is tight, but I too would like to go the Krinkov/sbr route.

And OBTW the last Ak in Mak's photo's posted above looks to be the one Derek did for me. It works like a charm and is the poop!!!!!

Those aren't my photos.  They are from AZEXARMS and it shows why I wouldn't build one myself.  The finish detail on those rifles is what I want on mine.  I've seen pictures posted of AK's with just a parked finish and maybe it was just the photos but they didn't look anywhere in the same class as the look of the rifles posted above.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm in for one. I have no idea how to build one but for $50 I'll just get one and stick it on the shelf. Someone IM me when you want money.

Kevin
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm in for one. I have no idea how to build one but for $50 I'll just get one and stick it on the shelf. Someone IM me when you want money.

Kevin

For $50.00, I'm in..

IM me when this happens.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't forget though that there will be shipping also and the transfer fee.  I don't know how OOW works on shipping charges of multiple receivers when shipping to a dealer.  Isn't it for a rifle something like $21.00 and then a reduced amount for each additional?   A call to OOW would probably give the total cost for a set number of receivers (10+) and give an figure on how much each single receiver is going to be minus the transfer fee  (unless your rifle is built by AZ EXPERT ARMS).  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#32]
It seems like we got 10 guys here. How do we go about making this happen?
Also what needs welded in the build? I'm a TIG welding mo'fo, do it everyday for a living. I'll weld everybodies.

Kevin
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
It seems like we got 10 guys here. How do we go about making this happen?
Also what needs welded in the build? I'm a TIG welding mo'fo, do it everyday for a living. I'll weld everybodies.

Kevin

tig welding mofo eh?  well were are you located at?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#34]
East valley. Live in AJ Work in Tempe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top