Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2010 6:12:32 AM EDT
WHERE can i get the spices they use on the fries at the donner kebab places?  also, one we went to had a small cup of coarse ground red flakes- was not too hot, but good!!!  is there a name for this spice(s).  Not really looking for the meat spice as much as the pommes and cup-o-spicees...
I would ask, but my german is teh suxxor.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
are you in Germany or freaking turkey ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Wikipedia

BTW, a few years ago in Germany there was a huge scandal because it was discovered they often used rotten meat for the Döner Kebab.
Reuters new story  
Link Posted: 8/17/2010 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
well.....rotten meat ROCKS then!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
"is there a name for this spice(s)."

I don't know. Normally we order the Kebab " mit Scharf" ("One kebab with spicy."). Grammatically not correct, but after years of beeing asked "Do you want your kebab with spicy?" the Germans adopted the wrong speech...

Just ask:
Wo kann ich das kaufen?  (Where can I buy this?)
Kann ich etwas von dem Gewuerz kaufen?  (Can I buy some of the spice from you?)
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Cleatus, how did your car rental work out for you?

Are you anywhere near Munich yet?  When I was last in Munich in the Summer of 2009, I enjoyed spending an afternoon with my uncle at the outdoor beer garden of Oberschleißheim...
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]
back fron europe- car rental went fine- no issues other than its expensive to rent- was about 400 bux for a 3 series BMW- you can get cheaper, but we were all over the place...wanted comfort (and speed)...diesel/gas is expensive- I figure around 80 bux to fill it up each time.
Autobahn is fun...but be carefull...they do have speed limits all over the place- and  TONS of construction.  There is always a truck, and some slow ass driver passing it- slowing you down.

i did not have a lot a of access to interwebs over there- seems ya gott pay 17 euro to get it at any hotel...

We did get to europe- loved it.  if i could change our trip, i would dump luxembourg and add a day or two to munich.  We got to the chinees biergarden in english garden to drink- was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a good trip; glad you enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i would dump luxembourg and add a day or two to munich.

Sorry I didn't tell you earlier...

I spent 3 days near Munchkin ()  and about 3 hours in Lux.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As to the internet you could have been better off getting a Fonic surf stick. You get to pay €40 for the card, get €10 free and it costs €2.50 a day, for 10 days, on the eleventh day it cost €0:00 for the rest of that month, as their is no monthly charge you only pay for what you use. Its the best deal out there at the moment with only the first month costing you more  than €25 because you have to buy the surf stick.

Tony

Thanks for the info, Tony. I will have to get one of those for my next trip to Germany this Fall/Winter...
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let me know when you are coming over and you can borrow mine, as they need German Bank account details and a SHUFA check on you. I don't know if they do a temporary card/stick deal, sorry.

Tony

I maintain a German bank account, so hopefully that will suffice.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

i would dump luxembourg and add a day or two to munich.
Sorry I didn't tell you earlier...

I spent 3 days near Munchkin ()  and about 3 hours in Lux.

me and a buddy stopped there overnight once, got hammerd ahn had a great time- this time was different...just odd, not sure how to explain it, just seemed people were not having as much fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#15]
HI i think you are looking for harissa spices http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harissa  
sorry for this first post
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top