User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 2:39:35 PM EDT
pretty good line up.

link to schedule:   www.2005westfieldairshow.org/schedules.html

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
just a once a week bump till showtime.

schedule has changed. they added a b-2 flyby, and took away the b-1. they took away the fa-18.
still looking to be a good time.

www.2005westfieldairshow.org/schedules.html
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
just under 2 weeks to go. waiting on the long range forecast to shape up.
www.2005westfieldairshow.org/schedules.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
ok, last shameless bump and this can drop off.
weather forecast is looking good so far.

b-2 flyby on saturday.
simulated (planted pyro) ordnance drops from the 104th death vipers a-10 squadron.

it's only 1 weekend every other year. hanscom airshows suck. it's a limited window of oportunity.
and for those of you that have never been to one (shouldn't be anyone, it's an american male right of passage), i'll mention that they have beer tents.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they still have shows at Weymouth NAS? They were worth going to every year. Hanscom always seem to have bad weather on the years I went. Last Hanscom visit was 1992 in the rain. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
weymouth is now closed, no airshows.

hanscom is topheavy on civilian aerobatic performances, few jets get flown, and there are many gaps between performances.the last one i bothered to go to was only 3 jets for the whole day, 4 if you include the thunderbirds, yet they flew more than 1 civilian aerobatic prop job, twice each.

westfield is, and has been, the only show that incorporates pyro, and they usually fly a shitload of jets, with just a few civilian prop aerobatic planes.

this years show was ok, but a disapiontment from those of the past. the static display was about half of what i'm used to, and they put on about 6 or 7 civilian prop aerobatic performances at the cost of fewer jet performances.
it was far from lame, but i can only hope for better next time around. the guy in charge is known for a show with lots of noise.
i did get plenty of video of stuff i didn't have on tape before.
all in all, a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top