Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:11:34 PM EDT
I travel to the UP atleast once or twice a month, and I've been wanting to get CCW there since i can't in my home state(yet). i've taken a course that allows me to get a carry permit for minnesota. I'd like to know if that permit would allow me to carry in Michigan. I've searched on a few sites and asked a leo from Mn but he didn't know either.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:22:01 PM EDT
Michigan will not recognize your permit.

Michigan will recognize the out of state permits of those who hold permits issued by their state of residence. If WI issued you a permit, MI would recognize it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:42:16 PM EDT
ok thanks for the clairity
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 9:12:05 PM EDT by JYogi]
Unless WI has changes their laws they are NOT a Right to Carry State.

From what I understand MI only honors permits from states which are Right to Carry States.

How are you getting a permit in WI?

I even checking Packing.org and it said WI NOT A RIGHT TO CARRY STATE

How are you getting a MN permit if you do not live there? You have to be careful doing something like that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:01:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 4:03:08 AM EDT by jesse2194]
i know wi does not have ccw Yet, we have a dick of a govenor. minnesota will let anyone from out of state get a permit for their state, like florida. i am not getting a permit for wisconsin because i can't. when the law passes and it will i'll get one. if if i was a mn resedent i would be legal to carry in mi, it says so on mi's website., but my ? was to weather a non-resident ccw holder of mn could carry in Mi as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JYogi:
From what I understand MI only honors permits from states which are Right to Carry States.

How are you getting a permit in WI?

No. When I was stationed in CA, I held a CA driver .lisence, I was registered to vote in CA, and I managed to get a CA CCW. CA is not a right to carry state. It is discretionary. My CCW was valid in MI because I was for all intents and purposes a CA resident. When I was discharged and came home, I was no longer a CA resident, my CCW was no longer valid.

As for getting a CCW from another state, it is easy, and lots of folks did it before CCW was passed here. A friend of mine held a Florida CCW that was valid without a picture because he got it through tthe mail.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT by JDemond]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:47:59 PM EDT
You should just look at getting a NH non-resident permit. That is what I did because my SC permit will not allow me to carry in GA or AL and I travel there often. I sent a copy of my SC Permit and $20 to get the NH non-res permit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:55:55 PM EDT
whats the routine to get a NH permint?
Top Top