Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
Hello all....can anyone give me any info as to when and where the next Florida Concealed Carry permit class will be???? it would be greatly appreciated....

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 8:03:55 PM EDT by GoingIncognito]
They're not in Jersey as far as I know. The one that Fishpaw and I just went to was at Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA. I'm not sure when the next one is, but the class was given by Personal Defense Solutions, so you might want to keep an eye on their website, or call them or RAF and ask .
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:37:40 PM EDT
They were giving the class at the gun show I went to. The next one there is.

April 22nd & 23rd
Gun & Knife Show
PA Expo Center at Lehigh Valley
501 Cetronia Road
Allentown, PA 18104
(old Builders Square Bldg )

I'll be taken that class if they have it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:16:59 AM EDT
I found that an NRA basic pistol class was fully adequate to meet their criteria.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:45:12 AM EDT
Yup, that'd work .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:02 AM EDT
The instructor even recommended the NRA basic pistol class as well as the NRA CCW class in addition to the one they were giving.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:50:38 PM EDT
im interested in one of those classes also
how long are they? what is required etc
what are the details
so I may get a FLA CCW and carry in PA when im there
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:47:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 555R:

That is my question too. Can a NJ resident legally use a Florida CCW to carry in PA or another state that recognizes the FL CCW? This sounds too good to be true.

Thanks.
Ken
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:03:29 PM EDT
Kdross....the answe to your question is YES
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:41:14 PM EDT
There are several ways to meet the training requirement for a FL CCW. If you have any questions call or e-mail the FL licensing division. They are very nice to deal with in sharp contrast to some local agencies in NY and NJ.

3. TRAINING DOCUMENTATION

Any one of the following are examples of the documents which will be accepted to satisfy the training requirement:

* A notarized statement or document from a club, organization, school training facility or certified instructor showing that the individual has completed a course or class or is an experienced competitor.
* A photocopy of your military honorable discharge document or a photocopy of your DD-214.
* A photocopy of a certificate bearing the name of the organization, school or facility who sponsored the course or class and the instructor's name and category of certification (NRA, State, etc.). The instructor's name and certification must be clearly legible.
* A photocopy of your NRA competitors classification card or similar documentation.
* A photocopy of a firearms instructors certification card or certificate.
* A photocopy of any NRA firearms training certificate.
* A photocopy of a certificate or card showing completion of a hunter education or safety course approved by the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission or a similar agency of another state.
* A photocopy of a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued in Florida.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:11:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kdross:

Originally Posted By 555R:

That is my question too. Can a NJ resident legally use a Florida CCW to carry in PA or another state that recognizes the FL CCW? This sounds too good to be true.

Thanks.
Ken

That's the whole point of the class and/or license for us NJ peeps .
Top Top