Posted: 3/1/2006 8:19:15 AM EDT
got an f250 4wd i need to put tires on.
anyone know of a inexpensive place in the buford gainesville area
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought my last set at Sam's. (31x10.50x15 Dunlop Mud Rovers)

It's the tyhird set of MudRovers I've used and the last set I got at least 60,000 miles on- unheard of for mud tires.

Sam's beat any price I could find, including www.tirerack.com, which is where I bought the previous set. They were around $450 installed.

I used Oakwood Tire prior to that, but their prices weren't so good compared to others in the area.

Another in Gainesville is 123 Wholesale Tires. I've boguht several sets there.

I'd advise you to check www.tirerack.com though. when I was pricing my Dunlops, they could beat any local price by $100 or more, and mounting only costs about $20-50.

On the other hand, Sam's offers lifetime rotation. They told me to come back every time I change my oil.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys.
ive heard of the place in oakwood,is sams the walmart sams or a local?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The Walmart Sams Club. You can check the prices online, and even order your tires and have them shipped to Sams at no cost.

That's what made the difference between Sams and Tirerack. Tirerack wanted ~$90 to ship FED EX to me. Sams ships from their distributor to the local store without upcharges.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't know the name of the place, but there is a tire shop behind Discover Mills that a buddy of mine swears by.

Discount tire.  I have bought several sets there. Good deals and pretty workmanlike.

rj
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
gotta recommend freds treads for a tire place,the place in oakwood off 985.
great price a heck of alot cheaper than any other places i went and he's a good guy to talk to.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend of mine owns a Firestone dealership in Augusta, Peach Orchard Firestone. One of his employees husband has a take off set there for sale I was going to put on my 250 but they were too big for a 2wd. You might want to google his number and give them a call, might be worth the ride.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top