Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2009 11:58:23 AM EDT
If anyone here knows of anyone who has a camper for sale that would do some owner financing please IM me. We will need something to live in here very soon.
Camper, motor home, fifth wheel  needs to be atleast 30 ft. long and in good condition (everything needs to work and no roof leaks)

Thanks for any help that may be afforded me.
rr
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link but don't have that much money, the reason for needing owner financing. We have around $1500 that we could use as a down payment.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
No one knows of anything?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No one knows of anything?

I will ask around.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
shop around craigslist.

If you are using firefox search http://www.crazedlist.org/

you can search whole states at one time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you checked into subsidized housing?  There's not an apartment complex built in the past 10 years that didn't participate in this program for financial reasons.  

Subsidized Housing in SC
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you checked into subsidized housing?  There's not an apartment complex built in the past 10 years that didn't participate in this program for financial reasons.  

Subsidized Housing in SC

Thank you for the link but I will not do that, we have some land to place a camper on hence the reason for a camper.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That's fine and completely your choice, but it's going to be an awful long winter sitting in an old 30 foot camper.  Just keep this website in mind, there are resources out there to help people in your situation if you're willing to use them... and it doesn't mean you have to use them long-term.  Just as an example, a friend of mine lives in a gated apartment complex and pays $1100/month for rent.  The family below her has the exact same apartment layout, and pays 30% of their monthly income.  Just to show that you don't have to live in the hood in a rundown housing project.  I just hate it when I hear of people putting themselves in a bad situation because they are too stubborn to ask for help.  I don't know you or your situation, and it's none of my business, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and do what's best for your family.  I hope you have a well and a septic system on that property, because I know people who work for DHEC who say all it takes is one anonymous call from a nosy neighbor to make a bad situation worse... because they have to investigate all complaints.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The camper is a 73' Dodge Winnebago
440 Big Block motor 48,000 miles

Tranny and Carb. were replaced (new) in 96'
Bathroom was remodeled -new commode, new water heater in 96'
Holding Tank newly replaced in 96'
AC works
Refrigerator works
Heat works-Propane Stove
Electrical outlets all work-Generator as well
Awning is in good condition and works
All interior Fabrics and carpet in good condition

Possible issues:
Master Cylinder
Battery
May need tires
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52372&page=3

pics:
http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/K0045/winnie/

$1095
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got a 37.5 motor home, but I can't do the financing, would need cash.

1989 pace arrow 37j.  $10k

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's fine and completely your choice, but it's going to be an awful long winter sitting in an old 30 foot camper.  Just keep this website in mind, there are resources out there to help people in your situation if you're willing to use them... and it doesn't mean you have to use them long-term.  Just as an example, a friend of mine lives in a gated apartment complex and pays $1100/month for rent.  The family below her has the exact same apartment layout, and pays 30% of their monthly income.  Just to show that you don't have to live in the hood in a rundown housing project.  I just hate it when I hear of people putting themselves in a bad situation because they are too stubborn to ask for help.  I don't know you or your situation, and it's none of my business, but sometimes you have to swallow your pride and do what's best for your family.  I hope you have a well and a septic system on that property, because I know people who work for DHEC who say all it takes is one anonymous call from a nosy neighbor to make a bad situation worse... because they have to investigate all complaints.

Thanks, we do have power, a well and septic system, We have a house right now but that will soon be gone. I live in a small town and I know there aren't any "decent" apartment complexes here that do subsidised housing. We will live in a camper (if we can find one) while I am working on our container home.
Not to proud to ask for help I just know what type help is available here.
Just so you know, this is just to clarify, we both lost our jobs in Jan. and have been reduced from 90k per year to 15k. We have run thru our savings trying to keep our heads above water so we are doing what we have to do, but thanks for your advice.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got a 37.5 motor home, but I can't do the financing, would need cash.

1989 pace arrow 37j.  $10k

Thanks but don't have that kind of cash.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top