Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 10:22:10 AM EDT
I bought 11 new 32-rnd Uzi magazines for what seemed a good deal.
The problem is... I don't own an Uzi at the present time.
What I would like to do is check them for fit in an Uzi before I put them in the safe for future use.
Anyone in the Austin area have the time (and Uzi) to allow me to make this check?
Or are there any other suggestions except for going into a gun store to "borrow" one?
I'd like to accomplish this any time before the end of this weekend (10/02).
I'd be willing to come meet you wherever and even buy you coffee or a beer for your troubles.
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought 11 new 32-rnd Uzi magazines for what seemed a good deal.
The problem is... I don't own an Uzi at the present time.
What I would like to do is check them for fit in an Uzi before I put them in the safe for future use.
Anyone in the Austin area have the time (and Uzi) to allow me to make this check?
Or are there any other suggestions except for going into a gun store to "borrow" one?
I'd like to accomplish this any time before the end of this weekend (10/02).
I'd be willing to come meet you wherever and even buy you coffee or a beer for your troubles.
Thanks in advance!

If they are genuine IMI or German mil surp you should be good to go.

If they are ProMag, USA or Triple K there is no such thing as a good deal.

Read more here: http://files.uzitalk.com/reference/pages/magazines.htm

I'm in Plano if you want to drive over this afternoon.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They are new IMI. I had read the info on uzitalk, and they look like the genuine article.
I just wanted to make double-sure. Don't need to shoot them.
Thanks for the offer... Plano is a little far to go this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Just order an Uzi lower, you'll eventually want a spare for it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I may do that anyway –– thanks for the suggestion.
But I have X number of days before I can make any returns.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm about an hour north of Austin, your welcome to arrange a time with me to try your mags out in mine. But as the others have said, as long as they are IMI or german contract mags you should be fine. Take them apart, lube them up good, and store them away. Only mag I have that didn't fit perfect was one I sanded and put too much paint on, removed the excess paint and I was good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top