Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 2:24:11 PM EDT
Where did you guys get your safes?  Would Bass Pro or Gander be my best bet?  Do you have them secured to the floor or wall?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one from gander mountain when they were having a sale.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Gander is having a sale RIGHT NOW! You can see them on their flyer online at www.gandermountain.com.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I found a wholesaler for Liberty safes in Illinois when I bought mine.  it was $5-600 less than buying from a retailer.  

He was down by St. Louis, but for that much it might be worth taking a road trip.  Or maybe there's another one closer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
local buy off ebay, saved me over 1k.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I will look into all your suggestions, and I found a guy up in Pinconning that sells Liberty and Fort Knox safes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the guy in pinconning is a good pace to go. I know alot of guys that bought safes from him. I cant remember the name though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Able Safe.  I called him today, he seemed really friendly and spent 5 minutes talking to me about what he had in my price range.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Heritage that I got from Jay's and I love it.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
i bought mine from bullocks, they gave me good deal on my liberty. here is there sitewww.bullockssafes.com/
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks guys, I will look into all your suggestions, and I found a guy up in Pinconning that sells Liberty and Fort Knox safes.

\
got a link?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Able Safe.  I called him today, he seemed really friendly and spent 5 minutes talking to me about what he had in my price range.

+1, good guy
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

\
got a link?

www.ablesafe.com

The website isn't that great.  They don't list prices and it is mostly just links to manufacturer's websites.  The guy I spoke to over the phone said that you pay no sales tax through the end of March.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard a guy I know  has his safe up for sale. Its a liberty 61 gun, a big sucker. The safe is in the jackson area. If you are interested let me know and I can get his number for you.

steve
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
So did you guys have your safes delivered and set up for you, or did you do it yourself with the help of friends?  The safes I'm looking at weigh at least 800 lbs.  It seems like you would need at least 5 guys to handle one of those.  Luckily I have a ranch so there is no stairs.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:24:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So did you guys have your safes delivered and set up for you, or did you do it yourself with the help of friends?  The safes I'm looking at weigh at least 800 lbs.  It seems like you would need at least 5 guys to handle one of those.  Luckily I have a ranch so there is no stairs.

its really not that bad, 2 guys, an aplience dolly, and something to slide it across the carpet, its really not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. just bolt it down when you get it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top