Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 2:39:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2005 8:55:13 PM EDT by Hessian-1]
Here's the deal:
Leaving Ohio and a sneaky bitch. Relocating back home to lick my wounds. I have a BS in Natural Science. Have worked as a teacher & teachers aide. No criminal record, USMC veteran. Overweight but in plausible shape for my age.
Hessian-1

edited to remove childish comment. All in all she's been ok, Iguess I owe her an apology.
H-1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
Look here http://www.ncpublicschools.org/employment/

How long have you been out of the corps I got out on a medical discharge in 1990 after almost 7 years
looking forwad to meeting you and welcome back home.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:55:55 PM EDT
you can also go to any school systems website by entering http://www.name of county.k12.nc.us .... for example catawbe county = www.catawba.k12.nc.us... NCDPI has a page that lists links to every county and allows you to post an on-line application to be sent to specified counties or to every county in the state... charlotte is short 40+ teachers right now, lincoln is experiencing no shortage, I just filled a half time science position in Alexander County... the high school is fully staffed, not sure about the middle & elementary schools... I've been real happy as an AP for Alexander Central! best of luck! I think my status as a disabled USMC vet helped open some doors for me... don't be shy about that part of your background... you can also do a search for "troops to teachers"...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:05:56 AM EDT
Welcome Home! Sorry about the circumstances though
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:48:22 AM EDT
What part of WNC are you looking for? I am from Haywood County, gonna be away for a while........
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:18:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:
What part of WNC are you looking for? I am from Haywood County, gonna be away for a while........

Avery/Watauga county! I also know a little about Haywood county having done some geneology research there!(One of my ancestors founded Clyde, his first name was "Jacob") Stay safe!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hessian-1:

Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:

Avery/Watauga county! I also know a little about Haywood county having done some geneology research there!(One of my ancestors founded Clyde, his first name was "Jacob") Stay safe!
Hessian-1

I live in Clyde.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:36:20 PM EDT
Try usajobs.opm.gov. The VA here is always hiring. Being a veteran will make it a little easier for you. And they usually pay pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:53:45 PM EDT
Well fellas I have an interview tomorrow morning with the school board(Avery county) Wish me luck! It's good to be home!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:21:01 AM EDT
good luck with the interview. I spent 5 years in Avery county and 1 night in the jail there. A very nice area to live
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hessian-1:
Well fellas I have an interview tomorrow morning with the school board(Avery county) Wish me luck! It's good to be home!
Hessian-1

Good luck hug.gif
Top Top