Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 11:06:45 PM EDT
I just turned 21 so I want to get my AR registered.  From what I understand,  Dan Trawicki of the Waukesha Co. Sheriff's Department is the CLEO for our county. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know if he is the kind of guy that would be willing to put his signature on a form 1?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just turned 21 so I want to get my AR registered.  From what I understand,  Dan Trawicki of the Waukesha Co. Sheriff's Department is the CLEO for our county. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know if he is the kind of guy that would be willing to put his signature on a form 1?
Thanks

From what I hear the Waukesha sherrif will sign.

Only way to be sure is to  call him and ask. SO GO ASK HIM!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You've got as good of a chance as there is.
A short time in your presence and everyone had the feeling that you're a "good kid".

Call to set an appointment with him.
Have your paper work ready.
If you get the chance to talk to a secretary, be real nice to her and ask a few questions.
She'll know his opinion on such matters and might have advice to offer.

As a life lesson, ALWAYS schmooze the secretaries.
Taking two minutes here and there to be personable with them has never failed to pay dividends for me.

Good luck, and keep us statused.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help

Should I bring 1 or 2 copies of the Form 1?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help

Should I bring 1 or 2 copies of the Form 1?

Are they filled out already? if not get that done first, and as far as I know, you need two copies and both have to be signed, thats what I needed to get for my suppressor but that was a form 4 not a form1 to make an SBR. Call the Sheriff first and confirm that he will sign.

Like I said i'm not sure if you only need one form since you'll be making it but my guess is that you will need both. Best place to ask would be in the NFA section under the AR boards.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Soon after Photoman posted, I called the Sheriff's Department and was forwarded to a secretary that told me I should just bring in the forms at any time. I went in the same day and met with the secretary, who seemed strangely enthusiastic about the whole thing.
Problem is, she said the forms should be signed by the next day and they'd give me a call, but they weren't. Or the next day after that. How long should I wait until I call/visit  the Sheriff's Department and ask about status of the forms?

Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:06:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Give them another day or two.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Give them another day or two.

Yeah, .... ditto.

You need something from them.
Don't be pushy.

You've already waited years for this, and it'll be months more after your paperwork starts moving.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top