Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2008 2:32:18 PM EDT
I got accepted into MGCCC. I looked on the range/dealer page and I get redirected back to page 1. I need info on decent paying jobs, ranges (that allow you to be "hot"), gun/gear stores, etc.
thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
plenty of jobs.  Any shipbuilder around is hiring.  Chevron is hiring employees all the time and there are thousands of contractors there making good money too.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Gulf coast is nice.   Gun stores hiring I don't know about.  

Come see us out at the coast pistol rifle club in woolmarket.    We have combat pistol matches on the 2nd saturday, and 3 gun on the 3rd saturday.  

Where in AK are you coming from?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget the "hot" range as far as any organized range or club in the area that I am aware of. Maybe a dirt pit or the public range up in the national forest.

Which MGCCC campus will you be at?
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a little north of Homer, AK. I'll be at the Gautier Campus. Thanks for the info guys! Keep it coming.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats where I went to school also.    Where will you be living while attending mgccc? I'm in Ocean Springs, and can show you around if you'd like.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting that you are coming all the way to MS for school?

For what it is worth, MGCCC is a good junior college.  If you do well there, you would likely do well at any university/college in the state.  At least that was my expereice.

Good luck and welcome to Mississippi!

SMSP
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Forget the "hot" range as far as any organized range or club in the area that I am aware of. Maybe a dirt pit or the public range up in the national forest.

Pascagoula Shooting Club

Woody
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah... There are 2 ranges here.

The DCM range in pascagoula is not as nice as the woolmarket range, but it has 1000 meter range, AND is cheaper.    It is in the swamp with lots of mosquitoes, but hey.. its a place to shoot.  

Personally I shoot at woolmarket range.  Coast rifle pistol club.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pascagoula Shooting Club

Woody

DCM is not a "hot" range that I am aware of. At least not when I was a member there. Nor is Coast Rifle and Pistol Club. Now, if he's referring to allowing Class 3 or rapid fire, then yes, but not in the sense of the term I think he means governing safety rules.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I joined up on the Pascagoula gun club forum. Looks like a good place.

I am going to MGCCC for their process technology program. Their out of state tuition is cheaper than in-state tuition here. With the previous credits I have, I can graduate in 3 semesters. It's really competitive  to get into a technical program here. UA only allows 12-15 students per year to sign up for some programs. MGCCC offers day and night classes, which are awesome for me.

I'm originally from central MS, around Meridian. The majority of my family is on the MS gulf coast. I'll be staying with family for as long as I can stand them. My wife was born and raised here, she's ready to go. I am too.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]
i work at Chevron and they hire a good many people that complete that program.  It at least gives you a better chance than most.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top