Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:49:48 PM EDT
I recently moved from Port Chester to Harrison...in Westchester county.  I haven't submitted my application for a pistol permit yet.  the reason for this is on the application, it asks for referenses of neighbors of 2+ years.  how am i supposed to do that?  do i just get the neigbors i had in Port Chester?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Suggest you get over to White Plains and find out from the horse's errrr, mouth.
There are a couple of guys on this site in Westchester though and they may know straightaway.
I am in Nassau and if I moved to Suffolk I would just use a few people who I work with in Suffolk.
Can you do the same and simplify matters?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you didn't move out of Westchester it dosn't matter. I changed addresses during the permit process and sent a letter explaining the move to be included in my application. Had no bearing on the outcome, they just said thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you will find that they only require Westchester residents as references.  It does not mean your immediate neighbors.  I had a Westchester permit for 33 years until change of county of residence.  Now it a full unrestricted carry without having to ask for it!  Next up, class 3 in Neveda after a bit bigger move.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
fantasitc.  thanks for the info guys

I'll try and get the ball rolling on this asap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top