Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 2:49:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 2:50:05 PM EDT by JAGAirborne]
I recently moved from Port Chester to Harrison...in Westchester county. I haven't submitted my application for a pistol permit yet. the reason for this is on the application, it asks for referenses of neighbors of 2+ years. how am i supposed to do that? do i just get the neigbors i had in Port Chester?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:48:33 PM EDT
Suggest you get over to White Plains and find out from the horse's errrr, mouth.
There are a couple of guys on this site in Westchester though and they may know straightaway.
I am in Nassau and if I moved to Suffolk I would just use a few people who I work with in Suffolk.
Can you do the same and simplify matters?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
Since you didn't move out of Westchester it dosn't matter. I changed addresses during the permit process and sent a letter explaining the move to be included in my application. Had no bearing on the outcome, they just said thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
I think you will find that they only require Westchester residents as references. It does not mean your immediate neighbors. I had a Westchester permit for 33 years until change of county of residence. Now it a full unrestricted carry without having to ask for it! Next up, class 3 in Neveda after a bit bigger move.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:45:15 AM EDT
fantasitc. thanks for the info guys

I'll try and get the ball rolling on this asap.
Top Top