Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 10:43:55 PM EDT
anyone on the HTF ride?

Might be fun to do a ride-and-shoot (one after the other, not at the same time)

I'm still trying to figure out the legalities of transporting a weapon on a motorcycle?  If its in a backpack its not really accessible, right?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I ride a small bit... its been a while though
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have carried weapons on my MC.  Field strip it, wrap it in somethign that doesn't scream "GUN!!", or put it in a rectangular hard case.

"What's that on the back of your bike?"
"A cheap electric ukelele."
"Oh, OK.  You any good?"
"Not on the ukelele."
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...Might be fun to do a ride-and-shoot (one after the other, not at the same time)...

Actually, shooting on the ride would kick some serious asshole.  Should clear up the lanes real quick-like, too.

...I'm still trying to figure out the legalities of transporting a weapon on a motorcycle?  If its in a backpack its not really accessible, right?

Vehicle transport is vehicle transport, & I don't believe there's any allowance for motorcycles, w/ the exception of ocncealed-carry + CPL.  Rifles have to be in cases & ammo stored separately.  Can't do that any other way than in a 4-wheel "cage" unless you're running a GoldWing w/ mini-trailer in tow, if even.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Vehicle transport is vehicle transport, & I don't believe there's any allowance for motorcycles, w/ the exception of ocncealed-carry + CPL.  Rifles have to be in cases & ammo stored separately.  Can't do that any other way than in a 4-wheel "cage" unless you're running a GoldWing w/ mini-trailer in tow, if even.

Guilty, without the trailer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sure you can, example: Put the ammo in a tank bag, break the AR down and put it in your backpack, or strap the broken down AR or other rifle to the back seat and put the ammo in your backpack or strap it on the bike some where. I've done it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]
who cares, you can out run cops on a bike...
Seriously though, if the rifle is field stripped and you dont have any loaded mags i doubt there will be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in the early 90's, I bought an AR from "Cash & Carry Larry" at the funshow. Walked outside and realized I was on my Goldwing that day.Went back in, put a sling on it. Over the shoulder it went. I lived out in Graham then. I tell ya, that was a real deal friendly ride home. No tailgaters, nobody tried to cut me off, either. Wish I'da had a picture.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Capitol Forest shooting lane that you can ride to + five mile loop = Modern biathalon, baby....

Ride the loop for time.  Dismount and shoot a target.  Repeat five times.  Score is like IPSC, your time for five laps divided by your target score.

Who's in?

Edit to Add: Dirt bikes.  No street racing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I ride.
Street and motocross.

We have carried on bikes with a bat bag like we were going to a softball game carring a couple bats.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I know with a handgun if its empty and in a case(zipper or hard container) you are legal(without the CPL, with you can carry it loaded). I'd assume rifles are the same way..
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
i think itd be cool to see a barrett m82a1 strapped on the back of someone on a crotch rocket
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
anyone on the HTF ride?

I'm still trying to figure out the legalities of transporting a weapon on a motorcycle?  If its in a backpack its not really accessible, right?

Why not put together a WAHTF ride, make it a few months from now, set a starting point where folks can get gas and food... sounds fun!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone on the HTF ride?

Why not put together a WAHTF ride, make it a few months from now, set a starting point where folks can get gas and food... sounds fun!

If you guys get something planned I would go.

What would people think seeing a "Bike Gang of 30 with AR15s strapped to their backs cruising through Seattle".
Think we would get pulled over?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone on the HTF ride?

I could possibly be in depending on the date / time and place.

I own a 2000 FXSTD Harley and typically ride the Snohomish Co. / Skagit co areas ( alot less traffic and nicer scenery ).

Hwy 9 to Hwy 530 ( to Darrington ) to Hwy 20 in RockPort then back to Hwy 9 loop around the Mt Baker National forrest is a great day ride w/ plenty of lakes - rivers and scenic viewing.

They will be opening up the new Arlington indoor range right on Hwy 9 and Hwy 531 intersection in just a couple weeks. I'll be up there later this morning helping the new owners select / interview Range Master applicants.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top