Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:44:09 AM EDT
would like to keep updated on this situation.seems the law now has enough money invested in prosecuting this guy.could be an interesting case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]

What a in-court circle jerk this is going to turn out to be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
they will make an example of him , as industeious crooks they do not like compitition .
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
While I have some sympathy for the guy since he's trying to "give it to the man", I kinda don't since flagrant speeders irritate the hell out of me.

With all that being said, the cameras have got to go, regardless. I was flashed due to a camera malfunction (green light, going 1mph over the limit, if that). While I didn't get a ticket, the feeling that I was gonna have to fight the damn thing SUCKED.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]
as far as I'm concerned ,I'm old fashand . sex is between a man and a women and a ticket is between a trafic cop and a motorest . anything else should be illegal .
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been saying for a while that we should all start driving with those lucho libre Mexican wrestling masks on. It would be a festive atmosphere and frustrate photo radar.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I think masks from "V for Vendetta" would be more appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I just wear a full-face helmet...... but then, I'm on a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Where his case apparently falls apart is that officers sat in front of his house, watched him get in the car and put either a monkey or giraffe mask on, then drive off (if the news reports are accurate).

While this doesn't necessarily prove he was behind the wheel and under the mask for each ticket, it certainly is a nice piece of circumstantial evidence.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry but I got two tickets the first week.  Why not do what I did, slow down and perhaps save your grand kids lives.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
since flagrant speeders irritate the hell out of me.

Why?  You must understand that they're more important than us.  And where they need to be is more important than where WE need to be.  And their destination is more important than the safety of others.

Reminds me of a program this Motor officer wanted to start.  I think he was with Phx PD, but I can't remember.  Anyway, he called it the "Aggressive Driver Rifle Program".  Shoot these bastards!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry but I got two tickets the first week.  Why not do what I did, slow down and perhaps save your grand kids lives.

Because driving 66 mph on the freeway is NOT speeding.

i mean.. it would be one thing if they were ticketing people for doing say 90 mph or so, but I got one for drving frakin' 66.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#13]
let us not forget this is all about the revenue.
if it was for safty ,than we would have a helmet law for bikes,we would not allow kids to ride in the bed of pick up trucks ,and they would set the photo radar at 20mph over to only ticket the flagrant speeders . it is still all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
if it was for safty ,than we would have a helmet law for bikes,we would not allow kids to ride in the bed of pick up trucks ,and they would set the photo radar at 20mph over to only ticket the flagrant speeders . it is still all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes and our gratitude to the lead footed amoungst us or the state would be in even worse financial shape. Don't wise up folks, we need the revenue and you're doing a fine job of making a personal statement and at the same time helping pay the bills. Gotta' love it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never gotten one of these tickets since they started putting them on the freeway. Got one when I first moved here in 2001 in Scottsdale on some street where I had no idea what the speed limit was. But I can't stand the people slamming on their brakes on the freeway. Most of the time they aren't even speeding anymore. Not to mention the flash. I behind a guy that got flashed on a dark night and I was blinded for a good few seconds. Just a bad idea, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't speed in areas where there are cameras like that, because it's unsafe...I will speed like a bat out of hell on a deserted highway...

I have however sped up for the camera while wearing a hat and sunglasses, ducked down for that moment...while driving a car not registered to me or my family...about a dozen times.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
if it was for safty ,than we would have a helmet law for bikeseveryone in any vehicle,we would not allow kids to ride in the bed of pick up trucks ,and they would set the photo radar at 20mph over to only ticket the flagrant speeders . it is still all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fixed it..... car wrecks cause head injuries, too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#18]
lets not get stupid ,most cars have air bags anyway .or maybe the state wants to weed out thoes not smart enough to wear a helmet on a bike .
Quoted:
Quoted:
if it was for safty ,than we would have a helmet law for bikeseveryone in any vehicle,we would not allow kids to ride in the bed of pick up trucks ,and they would set the photo radar at 20mph over to only ticket the flagrant speeders . it is still all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fixed it..... car wrecks cause head injuries, too.

Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone want to explain this rationale to me? We have laws that punish those who exceed the speed limit because it may cause injury or death to another. We have to manditorily use seat belts because they have shown to reduce injury and death. Okay so far? Now, we  have a Constitutional law that says it's perfectly okay for a female to go into an abortion clinic with full knowledge that someone is going to die due to her actions. Not maybe, not due to unanticipated circumstances, but slam dunk sure a death will occur. The hypocracy simple boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]
any bets he is an arfcom member
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#21]
anyone know where I can get a Guy Fawkes mask???
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
being pro life I agree with you ,but no one cares enough to do something to change it . women will tell you it's thier body and thier choice . this issue makes the photo radar look like small potatos .
Quoted:
Someone want to explain this rationale to me? We have laws that punish those who exceed the speed limit because it may cause injury or death to another. We have to manditorily use seat belts because they have shown to reduce injury and death. Okay so far? Now, we  have a Constitutional law that says it's perfectly okay for a female to go into an abortion clinic with full knowledge that someone is going to die due to her actions. Not maybe, not due to unanticipated circumstances, but slam dunk sure a death will occur. The hypocracy simple boggles the mind.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:20:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

being pro life I agree with you ,but no one cares enough to do something to change it . women will tell you it's thier body and thier choice . this issue makes the photo radar look like small potatos .

Quoted:

Someone want to explain this rationale to me? We have laws that punish those who exceed the speed limit because it may cause injury or death to another. We have to manditorily use seat belts because they have shown to reduce injury and death. Okay so far? Now, we have a Constitutional law that says it's perfectly okay for a female to go into an abortion clinic with full knowledge that someone is going to die due to her actions. Not maybe, not due to unanticipated circumstances, but slam dunk sure a death will occur. The hypocracy simple boggles the mind.

I am extremely pro ABORTION ( not just pro choice....I am very pro abortion ) and I also agree.

It's like PETA assholes....these filthy animal rights freaks will go to astronomical lengths and risks to save the West Indonesian Speckled Fruit Bat, including putting their worthless lives on the line but they think NOTHING about shredding a baby right out of the womb.

Ridiculous.

As far as monkey man.....I am curious too.  I am not the fastest or slowest guy on the block but if all of these "I GOTTA GET THERE FUKCING NOW"  assholes would get some perspective on life and pace themselves with the rest of the crowd; can you imagine how much traffic congestion would be alleviated by the resultant balancing of the traffic flow???

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What a in-court circle jerk this is going to turn out to be.

I think the more proper term is a Monkey Fnck!

I remember a similar case a long while back from CA (where photo radar started) about a guy who used to drive past the radar cameras in his Datsun Z at "high speed" while wearing a Nixon mask...

Poor tricky Dick - always getting the blame!!! However the cops did not stake out his house unlike the AZ authorities who seem to have a lot "invested" in this case!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#25]
GONIF,
 Yeah I've heard the "it's my body" till I'm sick of it. Let's just say that approach has universal application, not just to women. Then if it's "my body" I have the right to risk it driving 120 mph, not wear seatbelts if I so choose, not pay for airbags if I, so choose,etc.  See my point? The "gubmint" fully accepts, through law, that it's the woman's body and no one has the right to tell her what to do with it . But that same pack of hypocritical POS's have no problem telling us how they're going to force us to protect our bodies. I'd personally volunteer to dig the graves for every one of those two-faced idiots.

rant off!

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#26]
that would be one hell of a lot of graves . seams like the older I get the less I know .
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
i think i missed this article but i am guessing that a guy is driving around with a mask on getting tickets.  that won't work because he is the one who will pay the tickets unless he turns in the person driving HIS car at the time.  this happened to me just after last Christmas going to pick up a friends mother from Phoenix airport.  i was driving my friends car and got 3 tickets in less than 10 minutes on the I-10 leaving the airport heading back to yuma, they sent her the tickets but there was no amount to pay or anything like that, just time and speed with a pic of my driving.  i just threw them out and haven't herd anything about it since.  the cameras are a good thing for monitoring traffic, recovering stolen cars, or even finding out who is responsible for a car crash, but automatically giving out tickets is just to get money and not about safety.  nothing is going to change because the state and city are getting lots of money from the program and claim it makes the roads safer, better traffic patterns ect ect ect.  the only thing that can stop it is if you get a license place slide, it's a electric motor that pulls your plate up where it can't be seen and then lowers it, controlled by a switch in the cab.  i have made one of these with a fried of mine years ago and something similar for a bike but was spring loaded and the same idea.  the cops must have a lot of time on their hands if they sat out side of the place the car was registered to trying to catch him with a mask on, i guess murder and other REAL crime must be at an all time low for the Phoenix PD.  hahaha

and who cares about abortions, the only people getting them are most likely women who would be unfit mothers raising a kid who is going to have a crappy chid hood anyway.  i bet 99% of the time it's doing society a favor and isn't this thread about traffic cameras?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#28]
THE TAKEING OF AN INNOCENT BABY'S LIFE IS INDFENCEABLE .IF YOUR MOTHER HAD DONE THAT YOU WOULD NOT BE ARGUEING THIS POINT .
Yes this about photo radar ,bus most folks with a heart and soul care about abortion ,and who are you to say who is an unfit mother without proof ? even in 2009 there is still right and wrong ,and abortion is wrong.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i think i missed this article but i am guessing that a guy is driving around with a mask on getting tickets.  that won't work because he is the one who will pay the tickets unless he turns in the person driving HIS car at the time.  this happened to me just after last Christmas going to pick up a friends mother from Phoenix airport.  i was driving my friends car and got 3 tickets in less than 10 minutes on the I-10 leaving the airport heading back to yuma, they sent her the tickets but there was no amount to pay or anything like that, just time and speed with a pic of my driving.  i just threw them out and haven't herd anything about it since.  the cameras are a good thing for monitoring traffic, recovering stolen cars, or even finding out who is responsible for a car crash, but automatically giving out tickets is just to get money and not about safety.  nothing is going to change because the state and city are getting lots of money from the program and claim it makes the roads safer, better traffic patterns ect ect ect.  the only thing that can stop it is if you get a license place slide, it's a electric motor that pulls your plate up where it can't be seen and then lowers it, controlled by a switch in the cab.  i have made one of these with a fried of mine years ago and something similar for a bike but was spring loaded and the same idea.  the cops must have a lot of time on their hands if they sat out side of the place the car was registered to trying to catch him with a mask on, i guess murder and other REAL crime must be at an all time low for the Phoenix PD.  hahaha

and who cares about abortions, the only people getting them are most likely women who would be unfit mothers raising a kid who is going to have a crappy chid hood anyway.  i bet 99% of the time it's doing society a favor and isn't this thread about traffic cameras?

This is false.  There is no legal requirement that you turn other people in.  

Richard
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Richard

well i'm going to yell at her the next time i see her then.  if yuou ignore them can anything happen to you and do some give you a fine amount to pay because mine didn't have one?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

well i'm going to yell at her the next time i see her then.  if yuou ignore them can anything happen to you and do some give you a fine amount to pay because mine didn't have one?

if it wasn't you all you gave to do is send a copy of your drivers license to prove it wasn't you (so much for innocent until proven guilty)... you are not require to rat out anyone (although they my tell you that you must... which is a lie).  I still advocate ignoring them out of general principle.

Keep in mind i will not guarantee any information posted herein.... so don't tell the judge (if it comes to that) that some guy with a funny screen name on the internet told you so.... it won't work

Richard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top