Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 11:51:20 AM EDT
Hye guys, I'm a regular calverton shooter but a cop buddy of mine wants to shoot local but I can't find the address or how to get to get to the mitchell field range...  Any clues?

ETA:  Thanks guys, I found it...  In the athletic complex...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
For anyone else:
Its on Charles Lindbergh Blvd, just a little bit west of ,and opposite,  the IMAX theatre which is next to the Aviation Museum.  
Easiest way is from the south come up the Meadowbrook Parkway and take the Hempstead Turnpike exit but stay on the semi-service road and take the exit that says Coliseum.
Take Charles Lindbergh Blvd across Earl Ovington Blvd and its on the left about half a mile.
Small sign says rifle and pistol range.  The road there is one way so if you miss it you will go all the way around and try again.
If not coming from the south, get off the Meadowbrook Pkwy at Hempstead Turnpike Westbound and make a right just past the Coliseum onto Earl Ovington Blvd NOrthbound.
make a left onto Charles Lindbergh Blvd.  and its on the left about half a mile.
Small sign says rifle and pistol range.  The road there is one way so if you miss it you will go all the way around and try again.
If coming down Hempstead Tpke (24) from the west, turn left and go north up Earl Ovington Blvd, make a left onto Charles L., etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a great range... I like going there with a small group, it's great to have our own little range to play on
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, if Charlie Wang's plan goes through, the range will be displaced by a minor league baseball stadium.  But I am just absolutely sure that Swazi and his successsors will do the right thing and replace the range for us.  (Wanna buy a bridge?)
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#4]
What do they let you shoot there? Is it just pistol caliber or are full rifle rounds allowed too. I sometimes work in Freeport and this sounds like it's just up the road. Sounds like just the ticket to let off a little steam before heading home.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
All Pistol rounds and Rifle rounds MUST be soft points i have never hada issue shooting anything that Ihave brought with me just remember its only 30 yrds
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, its only 75 feet.  I just hope it gets relocated and not simply eliminated.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]

All Pistol rounds and Rifle rounds MUST be soft points i have never had a issue shooting anything that Ive brought with me just remember its only 30 yrds

Pistol rounds do not have to be soft point. I shoot FMJ there all the time. Rifle rounds MUST be Soft no FMJ allowed. 25yds is max range and they have cable operated manual target holders. Usually you could get away with FMJ in rifle if they do not check your ammo, but it does damage their backing and it is better to apply to the rules of the range.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

All Pistol rounds, and Rifle rounds MUST be soft points i have never had a issue shooting anything that Ive brought with me just remember its only 30 yrds

Pistol rounds do not have to be soft point. I shoot FMJ there all the time. Rifle rounds MUST be Soft no FMJ allowed. 25yds is max range and they have cable operated manual target holders. Usually you could get away with FMJ in rifle if they do not check your ammo, but it does damage their backing and it is better to apply to the rules of the range.

That was a typo on my part there shuld have been a comma in thereas  there is now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top