I was wondering if anyone knew of any place or dealer that will give a discount if I were to buy alot of ammo at one time..
Looking for .223 and 9mm
Please let me know if you guys know of anybody..
I would like to do it in the tristate are so I can pick it up and avoid shipping fees, but would coinsider it if the price is right..
Exit 5 on the NJ Turnpike. About 3 hours from the Hartford area. A damn good reason to blow off work.
Ok, I'll bite. Just how much can you save after driving 3 hours each way and paying for gas and tolls. Can your car/truck hold enough ammo to make it worth while?
1. Starting in HARTFORD, CT on CAPITOL AVE go toward RAMP,OAK ST - go 0.6 mi
2. Turn Left on MAIN ST - go 0.1 mi
3. Turn Right on SHELDON ST - go 0.1 mi
4. Bear Left onto WHITEHEAD HWY toward WHITEHEAD HWY EAST - go 0.3 mi
5. Take the I-91 SOUTH exit toward NEW HAVEN/N. Y. CITY - go 37.6 mi
6. Take Left ramp onto I-95 SOUTH - go 72.5 mi
7. Take Left fork onto I-95 EXPRESS LN SOUTH toward GARDEN STATE PARKWAY/PATERSON - go 2.5 mi
8. I-95 EXPRESS LN SOUTH becomes I-95 SOUTH - go 50.2 mi
9. I-95 SOUTH becomes NEW JERSEY TPKE SOUTH - go 34.0 mi
10. Take exit #4 onto RT-73 SOUTH - go 8.5 mi
11. Bear Left on COOPER RD - go 1.3 mi
12. Turn Right on INDUSTRIAL DR - go 0.2 mi
13. Arrive at 1040 INDUSTRIAL DR STE 11, WEST BERLIN
Round trip it's 416 miles.
I buy a lot of ammo from ammoman - especially factory Federal when I want brass to reload.
When you factor in the shipping costs that other vendors don't mention on their ads - you end up paying just as much or in some cases even MORE than what you pay ammoman - DELIVERED.
I've ordered from AIM, and they are a good company but their shipping costs will nail your credit card bill to your forehead.
I can't understand why people on different gun sites bash ammoman for high prices and then go and tout the laurels of buyers club sportsmen guide, cheaper than dirt and outdoor marksman who are often:
1. OUT of anything other than one dollar per shot premium hunting ammo in popular calibers
2. Backorder status that takes 2 months or more to fulfill
3. "bait and switch" your order unintentionally - i.e., copper FMJ is really bi metal , etc.
4. DON'T tell you the shipping costs.
I logged onto "buyammo" dot com (outdoor marksman) a couple of weeks ago - and found that WITH
shipping I would actually pay about a dollar MORE than ammoman for the same ammo (Fed AM Eagle .223) for 1,000 rds.
Ammoman's site is up to date and every time I order it's processed and drop shipped to my door
in 2-3 business days.
I don't know about you, but my shopping cart on Sportsmans Guide show me the shipping cost EVERY time, and it's $17.99 to ship 1K of .45 to NH. Seems pretty cheap to me. I just ordered 1K of 7.62x51 from AIM, and the shipping was $24. That also seems pretty reasonable to me. FWIW, I've ALWAYS been able to beat Ammoman's costs, at SG as well as others. He may be a great guy (I don't know), but his attraction sure ain't his prices. SG may not have EVERY type of EVERY ammo I want EVERY time, but then who does? I order bulk from them all the time, and the buyers club more than pays for itself. Make sure you shop around.
1,000 rds Fed Am Eagle Ammoman: $219 - delivered. Buyammo.com $219.55 to CT
I've never been too happy with Buyammo's prices, although I haven't bought from them. They have this funky "East coast warehouse, West Coast Warehouse" thing going on. Even with that, cost to NH is still $10 cheaper to NH than Ammoman ($209.59 del to NH).
Just saying it pays to shop around, and Eric's prices, even with the shipping included, can usually be beat.
Call in your order to AIM ,they will help ya out..I've always found AIM's shipping to be less than AMMOMAN's to RI .