Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 12:44:13 PM EDT
I'm in the St. Louis Area and looking for a 10-22 ruger.  I'm hopeing to buy one that someone has already upgraded as far as stock, scope, and a after market heavy barrel.  I might just buy a cheap stock one and upgrade myself but it seems stupid to buy one that I don't intend to keep any of the stock parts.  If anyone has one they are interested in selling let me know.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if bass pro is still doing it or not, but they had 10/22 carbines for $159.  You can get a stock + bull barrel combo for $200-250.  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're gonna change out all the stock parts and do a diff't bbl and stock, you might think about this:

www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
C & S Metall Werkes in St. Charles also had one or two for sale last weekend I believe.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you're gonna change out all the stock parts and do a diff't bbl and stock, you might think about this:

That's goofy.  It costs as much as the whole rifle someone listed above at Bass Pro, you still need to buy the guts and it's got a built-in BUIS?  Why?

I was diggin' it until the BUIS.

Brownells lists the stainless steel MOA 10/22 receiver at $179 retail.

Um that would not be a BUIS it would just be an IS....

If it is fixed and solid then it is just an iron sight not a Backup Iron Sight... IMHO...

Just like the original sights on anything not a BUIS.... I agree silly though.

But I have used the Stainless MOA receivers before and they are nice receivers, remember the most expensive 1022 pistol!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's goofy.  It costs as much as the whole rifle someone listed above at Bass Pro, you still need to buy the guts and it's got a built-in BUIS?  Why?

I was diggin' it until the BUIS.

Brownells lists the stainless steel MOA 10/22 receiver at $179 retail.

Diff't strokes for diff't folks.

Like AFSOC said, the sights are made to be used with A1 or A2 sights, to mimic the sight pic of ARs, M14s, M1s, etc.  This can sometimes be an issue with someone who wants a non-AR but still wants to practice with iron sights in .22LR.  Hence the popularity of "Tech Sights."

Unlike some of the less expensive non-Ruger receivers, this one has an integral Picatinny rail.  You have to pay like $300 for a Volquartsen one to have that.  Also, the newer Ruger receivers seem really cheap, with a crappy finish.

The rest of the factory Ruger components from a 10/22 aren't exactly in high demand by a lot of people.  Std bbls, trigger groups, bolts, stocks, etc. are switched out by tons of shooters.  

And lastly, some folks don't like Ruger products.

I wouldn't buy one.  I'd instead put less into a dedicated .22LR AR setup.  But there's obviously a market for more rimfire stuff these days, it's just a way for a small manufacturer like Nodak to branch out.  Some day the AK cash-cow's gonna go to the butcher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top