Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2008 7:17:28 PM EDT
I know what some will say, but im looking for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. So far everyone is out of them and i cant locate one. Has anyone seen one sitting around at a dealer anywhere?

if so please let me know.

thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know what some will say, but im looking for a Kel-Tec Sub 2000. So far everyone is out of them and i cant locate one. Has anyone seen one sitting around at a dealer anywhere?

thanks

Who's going to say what?

I think Chris @ Bethany had one last week. Dunno what caliber though.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

Who's going to say what?

I think Chris @ Bethany had one last week. Dunno what caliber though.

most times when i bring up the work Kel-tec everyone attacks calling them POS....

could you give me more info on Chris? What is the name of his place in Bethany? Thanks a bunch

Link Posted: 11/15/2008 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#3]
its a .40
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I used to have the one that took G22 mags.  The trigger was horrible on it as were the sights.  But it was fun to shoot and folded in half which was pretty cool.  I got rid of it when I trimmed down my collection but they do have their uses.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Chris is the guy that runs 'Bethany Firearms' in Bethany. Dunno the phone # right now , but google it and I'm sure you'll get it.

He's closed Sunday and Monday though, and closes at 5-6pm most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks all....

I did get in contact with Chris and he sold the one he had this past week but would look for one for me. Seemed like a super nice guy on the phone. To bad I live about 1.5 hrs from him on the total opposite side of CT.
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Arms and Munitions (Monroe?) sometimes has them. The handful of times I have been there I have seen one. His prices are a little on the high side.

The gun is not going to win any accuracy contests but IMO it has great utility in that it folds. Great backpack gun. CTBuilder is right that the trigger and the sights are not great. If you have a G17 or a Beretta 92 it is a no brainer. They also make other models that accept other mags but I cant remember which.

Try NGX, if they dont have it I am sure they can get it quickly. Happy shopping.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks all for the leads. Everytime i call a place where one was sight... it was JUST SOLD.... haha.

any more sightings please let me know.

thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
jojos might not be the cheapest, but they dont seem to have a problem ordering whatever you want, something most other dealers seem to have a problem with...

might be a little busy right now tho...

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#10]
You can try k-5 arms exchange (not sure how far that is from you).
I was in there a couple weeks back looking for one - they had a couple of the  .40 cal glock version in the back.

PS:  I own a 9mm version & it's plenty accurate at 50 yards.  Makes a great truck gun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks for all the input guys. I ended up finding one in TN right by my father. He picked it up today for me. It a .40 cal that takes glock mags. Looks like when im done playing the waiting game on my pistol permit, ill be picking up a glock 23 :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top