Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 12:21:42 AM EDT
so i'm with the champaign pd interning and we're attending our own call about a home invasion (we caught them too) and i hear ISP come over the radio and all i hear out of it is "arcola"....my home town....i'm thinking wtf did he just say arcola and i figured maybe ISP had pulled someone over on 57 around the arcola exit.....so then a msg pops up from ISP on our comp in the squad car.....an armed robbery had just occured at the wareco gas station in arcola and the clerk had been shot.....i don't know much more details than that asside from effingham csi was heading to the scene....i'll stay posted...this occured around 9 pm tonight
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
damn, that's in arcola?  sometimes stuff like that happens in small towns too i guess.  i don't know what we'd do here in edinburg, we've only got one cop and he's never on patrol.  

jake
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
did they get a description on the getaway horse?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#3]
************* UPDATE **************

any ways after doing some further checking it was in fact the wareco gas station along 133 in arcola...basically a white male walked into the station and told the clerk who i know to open the safe....the clerk refused and the suspect shot the clerk in the leg and escaped.  i do not know much more than that but do know that the clerk is in stable condition and will make a good recovery and that the suspect is still on the loose.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a picture of the perps making a get-away. Taken by the security camera at Wareco.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
lol....actually we did have an amish drive by shooting but i'll touch on that later...about 5 years ago
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
damn, that's in arcola?  sometimes stuff like that happens in small towns too i guess.  

We had a triple murder in my hometown (pop 1400) 4 yours ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
damn, that's in arcola?  sometimes stuff like that happens in small towns too i guess.  

We had a triple murder in my hometown (pop 1400) 4 yours ago.

Had one in Marseilles in 1998.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
They shot up a school in Humbolt too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
ya they did and i've found out there was five of them....jarvis's (last name) from arcola and two other guys that i had not heard of.....and then they shot up humbolt and were picked up down in mattoon at a hotel.....there was already a warrant pending on one of the jarvis's.....i've had a run in w/ a couple of them b4......retards!! let me tell ya lol.....aight so that's the update
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top