Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:15:21 PM EST
I know that you cannot store more then 10k rimfire rounds at your house in Mass without a permit. I am getting close...err.... very close to exceeding that limit and think maybe I should inquire. I called my local fire department and they said one wasnt required. which I know is BS.

Anyone have one and how easy is it to get it???

I want to buy as much 5.45 as possible- that is why I have so much ammo in my basement.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:17:44 PM EST
I've had a permit since the 70s. It is legally required for powder (reloading), primers and ammo over set limits.

It required that I walked into the FD, talked with the chief or deputy and requested a powder/ammo permit for the max allowed under MGLs and CMRs. Walked out with the permit in hand and paid $10 for the privilege!

Very simple, especially compared to getting a LTC/FID!
Top Top