Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 2:15:21 PM EDT
I know that you cannot store more then 10k rimfire rounds at your house in Mass without a permit. I am getting close...err.... very close to exceeding that limit and think maybe I should inquire. I called my local fire department and they said one wasnt required. which I know is BS.

Anyone have one and how easy is it to get it???

I want to buy as much 5.45 as possible- that is why I have so much ammo in my basement.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a permit since the 70s. It is legally required for powder (reloading), primers and ammo over set limits.

It required that I walked into the FD, talked with the chief or deputy and requested a powder/ammo permit for the max allowed under MGLs and CMRs. Walked out with the permit in hand and paid $10 for the privilege!

Very simple, especially compared to getting a LTC/FID!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top