Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 1:07:43 PM EDT
is it legal for me to replace my standard stock with a collapsable stock in prk ? hinking.gif

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:13:30 PM EDT
As long as it measures 30" collapsed and is either not semi-auto or semi-auto with a fixed magazine, yes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:35:16 PM EDT
On what rifle, is my question back to you?

If it's an already registered assault weapon (AR-15, etc), yes, you can do it.

If the rifle is not an already-registered assault weapon (such as an M1A) that would meet the assault weapon criteria by the addition of a telescoping stock, then no, you may not leagally do it.

Refer to the tacked thread at the top of the California web page. I quote:

Next part of our AW law is the "feature" part :

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the firearm.(B) A thumbhole stock. (C) A folding or telescoping stock. (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher. (E) A flash suppressor. (F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. (3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

(1) Is the designating feature in most of the law, if the rifle isn't semi-auto, centerfire, and accepts a detachable mag it does not fall under the law, unless it qualifies under (2) or (3)

However if it is semi-auto, centerfire, and accepts a detachable mag it may not have any of the features (A) - (F).
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 11:12:17 AM EDT by realmccoy]
thank you kindly both for your replys & the references.
i forgot to state yes it is an ar15 and yes it is registered.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:13:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cg:
As long as it measures 30" collapsed and is either not semi-auto or semi-auto with a fixed magazine, yes.

I thought it was 26"?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:24:22 PM EDT by cg]
If it is registered, no problem. On a regstered AR-15 you can add as manu evil features as you want. The minimum length for a centerfired detachable rifle is 30"

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

In your case, since it is registered, I don't think it applies, you may want to check on that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:07:52 PM EDT
i think i need a pHD in pseudophryology to figure this one out . just kidding, have a great weekend. i'm outta here till monday, see ya.
Top Top