Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2007 2:44:34 PM EDT
i would almost think that a private college can allow ccw on campus as long as the campus allowed it

"Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district school board. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises; "

link to statute
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I read that to mean ANY school could allow you to carry with permission, but I'm not a lawyer, nor did I stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night...

Rick
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I work at a University, and part of the parking permit policy is that you do not have a firearm in your car.  Not really a chance of criminal charges, but certainly loss of parking privliges and possible termination.

It could probably be challenged in court, but I dunno, I'm not a lawyer either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
im going to attempt to push this with my college, i know ive got about 25 other cj people who are adamit supporters of ccw and a couple Cj instructors who are for it, if nothing more it will scare the crap out of the college president and piss off the liberals on campus.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
i think lindenwood's policy is "no weapons of any sort" on campus

i would like to know if there are any state laws against CCW on a private university's campus, regardless of whether the university allows it
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't see any "no weapons" signs at SLU the other day, anyone know their policy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top